Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hate to hear laser tag was no fun...we have 2 teenage boys in our group that might like to play! It's their first cruise, so we want them to have a good time.

I was the OP asking the question about laser tag…

We just got off Conquest on Sunday.

It is $5/pp for 5 min and it is inside an inflatable balloon.

Depending on the age for your kids – maybe they may not enjoy it, espcially if the have played at Main Event.

My kids are 11 and 8 and they enjoyed it.

We got there 15 min after is started and waited about 15-20 min to go in, but you are sitting down while you wait.

Shows for last week (June 20-27) were:

Sun - Welcome Aboard (w/ Comedian Dean Gaines)

Mon - Voila Paris!

Tue - Motown Showtime (w/ Ron Joseph)

Wed - Magic & Illusion (w/ Lady Hellevi)

Thu - Point & Click

Fri - Variety Showtime (w/ Juggler Manuel Zuniga and Comedian Marc Rubben)

Sat - Carnival Legends

I have all of the Fun Times from last week. I'll post them as soon as I have a chance to scan them.

The “Magic & Illusion (w/ Lady Hellevi)” is pretty good.

We arrived to the theater at 8:15 (show started at 8:45) and still got seats towards the back!

Does anyone know if the waiters will bring you any drink you want at the past guest party on the conquest?

I'm not sure if the waiter will bring it to you but I believe you can order whatever you like at the bar.

I didn’t see an actual bar in which you can go and order a drink.

The party was held in the theater room and they had waiters coming around with Margaritas, Blue Hawaiian, Champagne, and I believe the beer was Dos XX.

I drank plenty margaritas and blue Hawaiians and had no need to order anything else.

But, there was a couple next to me that kept on asking for a special drink and the waiters would just say “ok” and never come back around.

I was the OP asking the question about laser tag…

We just got off Conquest on Sunday.

It is $5/pp for 5 min and it is inside an inflatable balloon.

Depending on the age for your kids – maybe they may not enjoy it, espcially if the have played at Main Event.

My kids are 11 and 8 and they enjoyed it.

We got there 15 min after is started and waited about 15-20 min to go in, but you are sitting down while you wait.

I agree with you. We went as a family with our two kids (ages 15 and 12). We didn't feel the need to do it more than once, but we had a good time.

Be sure to get a Tortuga Rum Cake as well. I swear the ones you buy on Grand Cayman are much better than the ones you buy elsewhere.

If it's the little store on GC I am thinking of, you can get some Dr Pepper there too!

I didn’t see an actual bar in which you can go and order a drink.

The party was held in the theater room and they had waiters coming around with Margaritas, Blue Hawaiian, Champagne, and I believe the beer was Dos XX.

I drank plenty margaritas and blue Hawaiians and had no need to order anything else.

But, there was a couple next to me that kept on asking for a special drink and the waiters would just say “ok” and never come back around.

That's what I remember as well that the past guest party was in the main theater and there wasn't a bar. I remember the drinks being free, but not that great....

• 1 month later...
That's what I remember as well that the past guest party was in the main theater and there wasn't a bar. I remember the drinks being free, but not that great....

I have to agree. I went to the past guest party earlier this month and had 2 drinks (a blue hawaiian and a screwdriver). I swear there was no alcohol in them. I'm not a heavy drinker (maybe 2 margaritas once a month), but I felt no effects of alcohol and usually I'm a light weight.

• 1 month later...
Someone said the Conquest had been remodeled since 2008. Is this true and what did that add?

• Cosmetic enhancements to public rooms and areas, including carpet replacement and tile work.
  • Family Staterooms (6E) on Spa Deck 11 converted into Balcony Staterooms (8F).
  • Circle C Lounge – addition of a lounge for teens (12-14) on Atlantic Deck 4 forward.
  • Spa Carnival – whirlpool was removed; new fitness equipment installed.
  • Carnival's Seaside Theatre - addition of an Outdoor Poolside TV Screen on Lido Deck midship.
  • WiFi internet access now available bow to stern.

• Cosmetic enhancements to public rooms and areas, including carpet replacement and tile work.
  • Family Staterooms (6E) on Spa Deck 11 converted into Balcony Staterooms (8F).
  • Circle C Lounge – addition of a lounge for teens (12-14) on Atlantic Deck 4 forward.
  • Spa Carnival – whirlpool was removed; new fitness equipment installed.
  • Carnival's Seaside Theatre - addition of an Outdoor Poolside TV Screen on Lido Deck midship.
  • WiFi internet access now available bow to stern.

Also added the Mongolian Grill

Does anyone know if you can still sneak alcohol in your suitcase?

CCL xrays luggage and if it looks like a bottle of alcohol they will remove I have been told. This sucks as we like specific wines (Opus, Mondavi Napa Valley, Gold Creek, David Bruce, etc.) which are not offered by CCL. We happily pay the corkage fee in the dining room in addition to purchasing many drinks, photos, excursions throughout the week--we are not trying to be 'cheap'.

Life is too short to drink bad wine. Read that on a tshirt years ago and it is true.

Some people say the rum runners (plastic flasks) get through about half of time.

Let me know if you are successfull, email is marnejameson at yahoo. Not my real name, duh! Happy cruisin'.

Hey everyone - I was on the conquest in September. I have capers, TONS of pictures (check em out - http://sgr818.dotphoto.com and go to cruise pictures you'll find onboard the ship pics along with pics from the 3 ports). I'd be happy to answer any questions ya'll have! Happy sailing!

I am unable to pull your pictures up. can you let me know what to do?

Is the limit of 1 liter/adult enforced when returning into Galveston?

Is it cheaper to buy from the Duty Free ship board store, or a DF shop in Grand Cayman?

My experience has been one bottle over, which I declare, has never raised an eyebrow or resulted in an additional levy. Of course I always am respectful and try to tell a corny joke as I walk up. I am a Texas resident.

I think Cozumel is cheaper than CG; however CG is the best place to get the Tortuga cakes.

Edited by marne001

For recent Conquest passengers, I have a few questions:

• What time where you able to access your cabin? Usually it is after 1:30pm.
  • What time did CCL start boarding passengers?
  • What time did you arrive and how long would you estimate you were in the security line waiting to be screened?
  • Do you have any 'lessons learned' you would care to pass on from your past cruises?
  • When is your next cruise?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Taking my boy friend on his first cruise and want it to be perfect for him, since he is perfect!

I just realized that our passports expire March 16 and we set sale March 13. I wasn't going to tell the family til Christmas about the cruise. Does anyone know what the process is to get our passports renewed? Is it just a sticker or a long 2 month fiasco like getting one for the first time?

We got our renewal in about 2 weeks. You should have plenty of time if you do it after Christmas.

Linda

I just realized that our passports expire March 16 and we set sale March 13. I wasn't going to tell the family til Christmas about the cruise. Does anyone know what the process is to get our passports renewed? Is it just a sticker or a long 2 month fiasco like getting one for the first time?

I would do it, because the last 6 months of your passport they are not always valid for travelling. since they arent required to cruise, you can get away with it, but Id renew them. Some countries you cant fly to if your passport will expire within 6 months. I gave in and renewed mine early.

Take pics (white background), print them as 2x2, fill out the form, send it with the old passports. You might be able to sneak it so they will be suprised when the passports come.

Or just tell them and make them promise to forget. I would rather know about a cruise so I can look forward to it.

Edited by gwinel