Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I can't either. That space is already there and underutilized. It would've taken minimal work to add Serenity. I guess the one good thing about that is that when I sail in a year, it will be a port-intensive 8 nights, so I won't have a bunch of sea days. If I did, I'd really miss having the Not-So-Serene space.

But, hey! More places to eat and drink! Just what we need, right? :p

Sorry to hear about the sushi bar, too. The one on Glory had a much better selection than what I've seen on other ships. And I usually have late dining, so being able to have sushi every evening at around 6 pm became a routine.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll survive! :D

Just got off the Conquest yeasterday, the 2.0 upgrades were ok nothing to write home about. Guys burgers was just that, a burger you can get at any burger joint, nothing special. The fries were the best part. Blue Iguana was good but again if you have a burrito stand where you live its just a burrito not very flavorful. Fish taco was good. There was price increase for cup of day at the red frog and blue iguana bars I had a margarita in souviner cup and it was 22.00. The taste bar was great you got to sample all the restaurants foods even the ones that arent on the boat. EA sports bar is small and crowded but very neat to see. The punchliner brunch is a joke. The food was good but the entertainment was awful. If you get the free drink coupon you only have the choice of three drinks and a beer. There was never over a 5 minute wait for any line and the new shows onboard were really good. They have new navigation system onboard so the tv doesnt have the channel where you can watch the triangle go across with location and depth of water and the weather. We really missed that. No serenity deck added. Overall the cruise was good, we went to keywest, and nassau, missed freeport due to high winds (34knots) and so spent the night in nassau. Will keep cruising with Carnival because we love the cruise line and haven't had a bad cruise yet. The boat is beautiful and vary well kept, the staff is so friendly and helpful, and Noonan was CD. To all who came to our M&G, we are so glad wwe got to meet ya'll and hand out together. Had a blast and can't wait to do it again. In Key West we did the bar crawl with beau as our guide. It was good and you just think you can't taste the alcohol!! ( all I am saying is its a crawl!!!) In Nassau we went to Atlantis aquarium for 40.00 and it was well worth it, then hired Sean Atterly a taxi driver to take us to a real bahama food place and we went to Goldie's Sky bar in Arawak Cay, FABULOUS PLACE!!!! had bbq chicken, fried fresh conch, rice and peas ( got the recipe) and Kalik gold beer, and a drink called Goldie call me a cab! asked what was in it and was told don't ask just drink. You can only have one cause they are potent!!!!!! Went outback to the water and got a lesson on cracking conch shells and how to clean them ( there were 1000's of shells laying around) and ate the pistol and its just a jello like spaghetti noodle looking thing that taste like you opened your mouth and drank sea water, just real salty. Can't wait to go back to Goldie's!!!!!!

I was on the same cruise that the PP was on. If you are expecting a lot from the burgers or burritos its just ok. Not much flavor for either. The staff was wonderful though and I really enjoyed CD Noonan. The muster drill lasted forever!!! The Diva's show was ok the singers were good just not my cup of tea. I did enjoy the comedy show but I didn't try the punchliners brunch.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm interested in finding out what is located in the empty space behind the 3/3 elevator banks in the front of the ship - Verandah deck (Conquest)? I see that the laundry room is near the mid-ship elevators on the Verandah deck, but just trying to see how noisy our rooms (8263 & 8265) will be located by the 6 elevator banks and the glass elevators.

Also what is the "line" on the deck plan across from room 8255 by the stairs. A solid wall?

Just curious.

We have been in 8264 and several other cabins near there and had no issues with noise. We always try to book near there. Easy access to everything except dining rooms.

I'm not sure what the line is, may have been a wall.

Would book these cabins again.

• 1 month later...
I see this is an older post but thought ill give a ? Anyway conquest was upgraded when what year and also which ship is preferred conquest or glory they have the same 7days and ports

Conquest received the upgrades October of 2012. I know that I really enjoyed the Conquest, enough so that I will be on her again this October.

I have not been on the Glory so can not answer to which is preferable.

• 3 weeks later...
Do you have to pay to eat at Guys Bugers like Johnny Rockets on Royal?

No, there is no charge for Guys Burgers and they are quite good. However, as is typical of some grills, a lot of smoke was created so eating right next to Guys was a bit challenging, of course they may have gotten that corrected by now.

Sent using Tapatalk and dreaming of my next cruise

Edited by WiCruiseDreamer