Do upper berths have a railing?

frm2mkt

Thanks for the picture on the last post of the bed configuration for 4 beds. We are travelling with our 2 small children in March and will be staying in a single cabin.

The picture really makes is look like a -BED-room and not a cabin. Oh well, we only really use it for sleeping anyways.

Some cabins have two lower beds and two upper bunks rather than 3 across and one upper bunk. You should ask your TA what you have. The upper bunk rail is not automatically put in place but if you ask you cabin attendent they will put them up. My kids were older and didn't want them.

Deb

Some cabins have two lower beds and two upper bunks rather than 3 across and one upper bunk. You should ask your TA what you have. The upper bunk rail is not automatically put in place but if you ask you cabin attendent they will put them up. My kids were older and didn't want them.

Deb

I think the only NCL ships set up with two uppers are the old ones. Majesty has some but not the Sun, Star, Dawn, Jewel, or Pearl.

Check the cabin they will list bed rails

http://1stmatecruises.com/nclcabins/

Cabin 10057

Duvet

Refrigerator (1)

Hair Dryer (1)

Telephone (1)

Safety Deposit Box (1)

Television (1)

Cabin Square Footage (142)

Shower (1)

Bed Rails (1) Crib (1)

Convertible Lower Beds (2)

Pullman Bed (1)

Pullout Bed (1)

Inside Stateroom

Midship Section

Starboard Side

Pier forward

Sprinklers

Do you know if other cruise lines have also moved in this direction? I think it would push families away and that doesn't seem to be the philosophy of NCL?

NCL has added more family friendly cabins on the new ships. Many balcony cabins with a sofa bed, pullman, and two lower beds. You may not like the layout of the insides but you can get 4 in almost all the inside cabins unlike other ships with only a few cabins that have two uppers.

Keep in mind those that don't need two uppers don't want to look at the bunks hanging on the wall.

You may be right, it was the NCL Sky and the Explorer of the Seas (RCCL) that were configured that way. I prefer the bunks that are hidden in the ceiling rather than the fold down bunks. They had those on the Disney Magic.

Archived