Heating Pads

jeangeorges

I, too, use Bio Freeze and swear by it. It's also really good on a sunburn, believe it or not. I grabbed the tube one night, thinking it was Gold Bond lotion and froze for hours (or so it seemed) until it wore off. It would be an expensive alternative to aloe, but I haven't found any other rub that works as well as it does. You can usually find it at a hospital pharamacy and it runs about $10 a tube. i love the stuff!

Charlie

Skye-- Found Thermapak's in Palm Springs Last week and I bought two boxes.I brought them home to Canada in my checked luggage without any problem. Tried one last night and they are very good...hopefully will help with a long flight this summer! Thanks for the info. Karen.

Glad they helped you! I love them and swear by em. One thing I've learned - the knee ones don't fit big gals like me, but if you take the smaller back size ones, and trim the elastic a little they can be modified to fit knees, upper arms, thighs etc.

I'm also in love with my new suitcase that I just bought - Olympia brand. It has this lovely zipper that goes the full length of the lining so that inspectors can just unzip it to search and not rip it out. Of course since its trunk sized I plan to just put the thermacares on top in the clear zip lock baggie so its easy for them. Maybe I'll get lucky and won't get searched this time around since my next few flights are mostly domestic shorter ones - except for the return Vancouver to Dallas.

I'd been using the Bio Freeze a lot the past couple of weeks and my surgeon told me today that he thinks I now have a blown disc. We are waiting for a MRI - this just keeps getting more and more interesting!

Charlie

P.S. It happened while I was walking...jez

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy I came across this thread, but sorry all of you are suffering.I also can't live without my heating pad,back wraps,Nuprin( the best Ibuprofen brand). I have never tried Biofreeze, but I will look for it in our local stores.Thanks for the recommendation. I swear by mineral Ice bought at CVS and Brooks a few years ago for $15.00. My back hurt so bad I could barley walk to the bathroom.It says it is a greaseless product, but it is not. Probably the messes product I have ever used,but the best.I highly recommend it. I think I will most likely just bring back wraps and Nupin on our cruise in May.Good luck and I hope you can stay pain free while cruising!

Archived