Carnival Cruise Club?

Sterling30D

Fred... can you book all your cruises right there and then... for the amount of points that they say you can book at...?

Said another way... if they say your points are worth 25 cents each... then they would be willing to help you book all those points the same evening at 25 cents each... right...?

The cost is per contract. So it's either all for you, or all for both of you. You decide. My sister and I bought into the contract together. So we each paid 1745.00. We bought the lowest package available. You put money down and pay off the rest in payments, or you can pay for it all up front. I seem to remember that you couldn't use the club until it was paid off though. I could be wrong about this.

[quote name='VentureMan_2000']Fred... can you book all your cruises right there and then... for the amount of points that they say you can book at...?

Said another way... if they say your points are worth 25 cents each... then they would be willing to help you book all those points the same evening at 25 cents each... right...?[/quote]

You can book your cruises with them and get thoe 100 OBC.

[quote name='Grits53']Thank you, Fred. Is the price per person or per couple?[/quote]

Its not a per person thing. Lets say you have 20,000 points and you want to go on the Valor and book a Cat. 4a. Each person would pay 2300 points. totalling 4600 points for 2 persons. This includes Port Chargers and Taxes :) The point amount I listed above is just an example.

Fred

in illinois we dont get the emails either...

I am hoping to book liberty for june 23 perhaps they will be nice....last year when we took our cruise on miracle we paid cash because we got a better deal, the cvc manager on that ship was shocked that we paid cash.

Liberty looks to be the pricy one for that week...but its the only week we can be without kids so beggars cant be choosers

Our family almost chose the Liberty June 23 this summer but we all chose the Glory June 30 instead which I'm very happy with. I don't really care where we go, it is wonderful being taken on a cruise with your parents and family. I choose paying with cash on most cruises after comparing which is cheaper. Did you explain to CVC manager why you chose cash on the Miracle, I would nicely if asked. My husband and I were on the Miracle Oct. 29, 06.

It is difficult to find the right cruise and date sometimes. I think CVC and Carnival care more for those that have been on the most cruises too because the more we cruise the better care we receive.

Cassandra,

How do you normally book? We were asked by CVC if we wanted guarentee rooms or just guarentee on ship. We figured we need to book it for guarentee on ship in order to get upgraqded but we ended up getting an inside cabin. Is there a special way to book so that you increase your chances of being upgraded?

We're last minute bookers. Usually we decide about a week before a cruise to book it. Would we have a better chance at an upgrade if we booked farther out?

Janet

We book on guarentee if we are going alone and book by already upgraded room if other rooms are booked with us, like our family cruises. I'm not sure why you got an inside room. What offer did you pay for, outside room? If you book a balcony you will be upgraded to similar room but better, usually higher. I think if you book earlier you may be on a list for upgrading which is probalby best. I usually book early and keep searching for a better price with CVC or Carnival. If a better price is found they will reduce the price, I believe until the 75th day before the cruise.

Hi all

DH & I are newbies going on a family cruise (4 cabins) with CVC family members. Can anyone answer these questions?

1) We've been told we'll get VIP embarkation privileges because we're with them. True?

2) Although we were told the rate we paid was the "best possible" (because of their CVC membership), I see that we paid what everyone else was paying ($759 for a 4C interior room). Now I see that the 4C cabins have gone down to $659. Cruise has been paid for in full and sails Feb 25. CVC family member swears there's no way we will be able to get onboard credit for the $110 pp difference. They booked through their CVC contact, so I don't have info to call that agent. Since we're paid for, have a room # assigned, and have the booking in our name, is it worth calling Carnival directly to try to get the OBC? Whaddya think?

Archived