New Oosterdam Pictures

10s nut

10s Nut

Very beautiful pictures and so sharply in focus. I loved your selection of subject matter. We are going on that same cruise in March and after seeing your pictures I am getting more excited by the minute. I can't wait.

Please tell me about your PV snorkling trip. i.e. Where did you go and what were your thoughts about the excursion.

Again thank you.

Blazerbob

Blazer...If you want to snorkel, forget about the PV trip. It was awful. I am a very experienced snorkeler and there was nothing here. In fact, the private beach had more to see, and no one wanted me to snorkel there due to the rocks etc. I did anyway...being the rebel that I am:D I don't know about the other ports, but do NOT book this for the snorkel experience. It was bad; no coral, bad visibility, and few fish.

10s Nut,

Thanks for your feedback on snorkling. That'll save us some money and wasted time. Having never been to PV before, I do want to look around the town so I think that we will just do a city tour, some shopping, and a few cervezas/margaritas at one of the cantinas on the beach.

The best snorkling we have experienced on the west coast was four years ago in Loreto on the HAL Sea of Cortz cruise. We want to go back sometime and do that trip again.

Blazerbob

Great pics of your Oosterdam trip...brought back good memories. :)

Re: snorkeling - we did the La Princesa (Princessa?) tour in Cabo and it was great. We took a catamaran to a nice little bay. There were only about 12 people on the tour, and all equipment was provided. Drinks - from beer to margaritas to ______ - and lunch (including the world's most amazing homemade guacamole!) were also included. It was around $45/per person - we booked online before we left. It was a short walk from the tender dock to the catamaran, and we returned with plenty of time to hit the shops and restaurants before heading back to the ship.

The owner of La Princesa is an American who relocated to Cabo for the good life - it was fun talking to him. The crew was excellent and lots of fun. (Note: this tour also leaves late enough to allow for the Oosterdam's late arrival in Cabo.) Hope this helps!

Archived