For AlexMD regarding first night reservations at Le Bistro

margu1241

Alex,

I tried the search function to find the old thread where you asked about this, but no success.

I just got off the Pride of Aloha. I did not stay at the Marriott, but did stop in to the NCL center and was told that anyone can come there and make reservations for the first night at Le Bistro (currently they were not set up to take them for the other two restaurants). I remember reading that you were interested in eating there the first night, so if the hotel is convenient to you, you might go ask them there.

Patty

I also thank you for this info. I thought I read in NCL's webpage that only guests staying at the Marriot thru NCL could make these restaurant reservations.... So you're saying anyone scheduled to sail can come into the Customer service center at the marriot and do this? That would be excellent for us too. Our first day is my BD, so we wanted a special restaurant.

SO... IYHO...which of the specialty restaurants will make turning 40 more enjoyable? We enjoy all the different style foods. I've only been able to see what is on other Le Bistro menus (from other ships). Do you happen to have menus from the other 2 POA restaurants? Or can you recommend a like restaurant from another NCL ship?

Thank you again!

Laura

Laura, the Press Release/News thing says this:

For NCL guests who purchase a land package at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa or at another hotel in Honolulu, the customer service center representatives are able to:

* Accept reservations for the onboard Mandara Spa for anytime during the cruise;

* Make dinner reservations at any onboard alternative restaurant (night of embarkation only);

* Accept guest requests for cabin upgrades. These upgrade requests will be given priority consideration.

For all NCL Hawai`i cruise travelers, the customer service center representatives are also able to:

* Arrange a multitude of Honolulu land excursions ranging from the traditional Pearl Harbor and Polynesian Cultural Center tours to parasailing, surfing lessons and helicopter rides;

* Pre-reserve shore excursions for any port on the itinerary;

* Arrange for any onboard amenities.

Hope that helps!

Booking at the Marriott through NCL gives you no special benefits over those in other hotels, if booked through NCL. At least that's what I get from it. :-)

-Brian

All I can tell you is that my personal experience was different than what the printed policy is-I was staying at another hotel, walked in to the NCL center wanting to make ressies for Kahili. They told me they would be happy to make reservations for anyone-I told them upfront that I wasn't staying in the Marriott, nor had I purchased my precruise hotel from NCL. No problem, they said, only restaurant they were taking ressies for was Le Bistro (although they are working on making them for the other 2). Maybe demand was low so they would have been able to accomodate me, maybe I talked to people who didn't know the policy. I don't know, but if I were in Waikiki and was interested in eating in Le Bistro the first night, I would definitely pop in and ask.

For those with future cruises planned, I would recommend that you change your plans and do the pre-cruise with NCL at the Marriott. You check in at the hotel, get your card, leave your bags and just walk on to the ship through a separate entrance. Seems like a good deal to me.

Patty

Does anyone have expereience with the Marriot pre-cruise check in process? How did it go? What time does the transportation go from the hotel to the pier and how was that part of the check-in process? I understand NCL was to have a dedicated area for those who just need to get cruise card, but have already checked in. Just wondering how much time/hassle, etc you really save.

The hotel is about $50 more than we were planning to spend, but the transportation and expedited check-in process may be worth it.

Thanks - Laura

All I can tell you is that my personal experience was different than what the printed policy is-I was staying at another hotel, walked in to the NCL center wanting to make ressies for Kahili. They told me they would be happy to make reservations for anyone-I told them upfront that I wasn't staying in the Marriott, nor had I purchased my precruise hotel from NCL. No problem, they said, only restaurant they were taking ressies for was Le Bistro (although they are working on making them for the other 2). Maybe demand was low so they would have been able to accomodate me, maybe I talked to people who didn't know the policy. I don't know, but if I were in Waikiki and was interested in eating in Le Bistro the first night, I would definitely pop in and ask.

For those with future cruises planned, I would recommend that you change your plans and do the pre-cruise with NCL at the Marriott. You check in at the hotel, get your card, leave your bags and just walk on to the ship through a separate entrance. Seems like a good deal to me.

Patty

We're staying in the Sheraton. I believe we're supposed to be able to do that check-in process at the Mariott during our pre-stay so we can get on the ship sooner.

Laura, it looks the Marriott is very expensive, hence why they probably put the center in there, to entice people to stay at one of their most expensive hotels. NCL has a good listing of all their hotel packages for Honolulu here: http://www.ncl.com/destinations/hawaii/hotel_1.htm. I personally would recommend staying in another hotel. You still get hotel to pier transfers, I believe. Plus, if you don't rent a car you could probably even take a cab to the Marriott and still save money, though I bet they're within walking distance. Good luck. When do you cruise?

-Brian

Add: OK, my last post was wrong. According to the news release, in a paragraph I misread last time, Marriott folks do get an added benefit.

" NCL guests who purchase a land package at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa will be able to check-in at the service center for their cruise up to six days in advance of sailing. The service center will coordinate expedited transit into the terminal upon arrival at the pier and, once passengers pick up their stateroom card keys at a dedicated key pick-up podium, they are able to immediately embark the ship."

I may e-mail NCL to get the exact scoop.

Gardencat- No. I was given the email addy of a Guest Svcs Coordinator on one of the ships. Our CC group wanted them to know we were coming ahead of time.This was a GSC on another ship. She was going to forward my message to the GSC on the Wind. Unless they're planning on giving us a good suprise, nothing has happened as far as I know.

Patty- Thanks. Oh well, it's not worth saving 20 minutes in line for a lot more money.

-Brian

Perhaps things could have changed, but we never had problems getting ressies for the restaurant except the first day when no one was available or answering their phones. On several other days we went before noon and always there were reservations available. We ultimately would wait until after lunch anyway to decide if we wanted what was being served in the DR for dinner and would then make a reservation for the same night. We even changed our time and expanded a table from two to six with not much advance notice to the restaurant. Maybe we were just lucky though!!

Sbcs5390

Thanks, I wondered because in my experience it is next to impossible to get in touch with NCL guest relations by e-mail. I thought maybe you had found some way that I had missed.

If you can, I think it would be good to let them know a group of CC's are coming you might get something a little extra.

You are cruising the Wind not the POA right?

Archived