New Bedding (on Voyager), Do You Still Need an Eggcrate?

emd1

We are sailing soon on Voyager in March, our 1st cruise, in a Junior Suite. I have seen pictures of the thin matresses and read the tales of bad sleeping experiences, sagging mattresses, etc. I have also seen posts about requesting egg crate mattress covers ahead of time, needing egg crates, etc.

However, does the egg crate recommendation still stand after the very recent change to the new bedding? I understand from recent posts, and my own questiosn on some of those posts, that the new bedding involves better and upgraded mattresses (as well as new bedspreads and linens).

For someone who has a hard time sleeping on uncomfortable mattresses, if you have experienced the new bedding, what is it like, and would we still need to request an egg crate?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

We will be on the Grandeur of the Seas in March and I dont' think they will have the new bedding by then. How do we go about requesting the egg crate? Can we do it online and if so, do we need to have our documents to do this? If we can't do it online, who do we ask onboard? The cabin steward?

Thanks,

kathleen

Archived