Mexican Coast Cruise Info

anley

Hi experienced cruisers . We need your help. We are trying to plan a cruise for Sept 30,2007. It leaves Seattle stops at LA and then down the Mexican West coast, Cabo San Lucas, Acapulco , Huatulco , Puerto Quetzal, Puntarenas , Golfo Dulce , Panama Canal on the Noordam.

The difference between an outside and partially obstructed view cabin in 200 dollars per person.Is it worth the difference to be able to see the scenery

go by while in your cabin ? We were on an Alaska cruise Aug 2005 and my wife would have been very upset with an obstructed view as the scenery was

very impressive as we cruised. I am talking about the obstruction being the davits for the lifeboats and the coil of cable , not the lifeboat.

We would really appreciate your input.

Stan

We just cruised with friends that choose an obstructed view as we did once. I see little wrong with them unless you do plan on spending hours in your cabin. You can enjoy the scenery from the decks and other places on the ship. Of course everyone has his/her own ideas about this as well as baclony versus standard cabins. NMnita

Personally I would save the money. If you are on the starboard side you won't see much but open sea anyway. Even if you are on the port side the scenery isn't spectacular like Alaska. If you are actually going through the PC then you will be outside for the best viewing anyway. I can think of a lot of ways to better spend the difference!

assuming since you live in New York that you are doing the cruise all the way from Seattle to NYC, that is 20 days. My way of figuring the difference of $200 each or $400 for two would be to equate that to $20/day for two. I would go for the unobstructed view and figure i would never have to question whether I made the right decision or not. $20/day, unless your budget is very limited, is the equivalent of a couple of drinks or slot machine money. Don't want to sound like the last of the big spenders b/c I am not; just my convoluted reasoning, I guess:)

Solid thinking by Leo & Hugh!

Yes, the scenery and close-ups are not as great as Alaska (except the Panama Canal which is an awesome experience) but I would also go for the unobstructed view. There's something about waking up in the morning, opening your curtains and having that great ocean view. Looking at liveboat parts, coils and chains just takes something aways from that.

Check your itinerary and see if it says "scenic cruising of Golfo Dulce". If it does, spend the extra money and enjoy! Whatever you decide, have a great cruise - the Panama Canal experience alone is worth it!

Archived