Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Serene56 you know a lot about the cabins! I was wondering what your thoughts are on 2420 and 2424 on the Carnival Liberty? Specifically, noise from above, I can't quite tell whether the galley will be a big issue or not.

Thanks in advance to serene and anyone else who can help with info.

I am guessing you needed the two connecting cabins- did you have small kids in the other cabin?

your cabin is under the galley-- but its towards one of the ends.

I am NOT a fan for being under this area. (a few more cabins back 2430 will mkae a huge difference.

I am guessing you needed the two connecting cabins- did you have small kids in the other cabin?

your cabin is under the galley-- but its towards one of the ends.

I am NOT a fan for being under this area. (a few more cabins back 2430 will mkae a huge difference.

Serene56, you are correct. I needed the connecting room. We are traveling with 4 kids. Although there will be a 14 year old, there are 3 very young children as well (6,5 and 3) and we feel more comfortable with a connecting room to keep an eye on the young ones. I don't really feel (nor do I think its fair to expect) that a 14 year old can control 3 active young children. As a matter of fact, I have a little trouble keeping them in order sometimes :o.

I guess, I will just hope for the best. When I was booking, the PVP said I could not book a room for four if there were only 3 in the room and they didn't have any quads connecting to a double available.

Thanks for your quick response and sharing your wealth of info with the cruising community.

How about 7455 on the Carnival Dream?

had the cabin on the Liberty. For us we did not like it at all. (sry-so we are kinda prejudiced)

the cabin has more sq footage but much is not usable. There is no sofa in there. (the balcony is longer then what the others offer.

We could only lay in bed to see TV. and only on our side. (TV was located over the vanity area--which is located to the one side. and if someone was getting dressed- we could not see the tv.

For the money- we will take a direct aft instead of this L shape cabin.

Hello everyone, Serene56, I am booked on the Freedom...cabin 7201. Have you stayed in a room like this one before, if so...any info on it? Any input you have would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

7206 is our experience on the Liberty- Sister to the freedom.

Your cabin is an obstructed cabin- your view will be a wall.

head out on either side of the ship which will take you out to the public deck where you can watch coming into a port. (very few people know its there. You can not see the doors from the hall as they are located on the side.

the view from inside the cabin:

2523144570062547426hOPFvL_th.jpg

the outside deck:

2523361550062547426dCCJGH_th.jpg

I have a room directly behand staircase where the elevator and stairs are. Has anybody satyed there and had problems with so much noise you couldnt sleep.

we had a cabin next to the elevators- it was an awesome location.

We try to book cabins now that are near there-- 7411 on the Valor next cruise- out the door- up two decks for food. down two decks for entertainment,.

You cant hear the ding - elevators are in a bank by themselves.

That was my experience. a ship name and whereabouts will be helpful

Edited by serene56

YUK! Small room small balcony no couch!

If you thought that balcony was small- NEVER take a side one.

(I wonder why there was so sofa in that room- (was there room for one?

I would very much like a cove balcony on the Carnival Magic. I need an electric scooter to get around the ship. Does anyone know if I would be able to get the scooter thru the door?

I don't need the scooter to move around, just distances.

I would very much like a cove balcony on the Carnival Magic. I need an electric scooter to get around the ship. Does anyone know if I would be able to get the scooter thru the door?

Most of the scooters will not fit through a cabin door. (unless they are the small skinny ones) You will not have much space in a regular cabin for a scooter - you also will need to charge it.

You would need a handicapped cabin for a regular scooter to fit.

If you have a regular cabin- you will need to take the scooter to the pursers office and have it charged there. You will not be able to leave it in the hall as it is a safety issue.

is your scooter one of the smaller ones, if so then it should be able to fit thru the door, otherwise you would need a HC cabin.

Web

(2)

Special Requirements | Guests With Disabilities |Carnival Cruise Lines

The cabin bathroom entry ranges from 22" to 29", with a lip ranging from 3.5" to 8" ... These cabins are reserved for our guests who use a wheelchair for ...

Here is a link to Dream deckplans, Magic should be the same. There is one of those L shaped modified OVs on Main deck. Iv been in that one, and it has two windows across, instead of just one, but if the beds are separated, not a lot of room to squeeze by the beds. Lots of room though once past the beds.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/pdf/ADADream.pdf

Cabins in blue are HC