Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

8th deck..Starboard side..Any noise from above...

Deck 9 has pools. I don't have first hand knowledge, but I wonder if this could be a problem due to chairs scraping during night while deck is cleaned.

I would look at a diagram of the ship to see where your stateroom is in relation to what is on deck 9.

On the deck plans it shows opposite the Island Bar. I noticed that the deck furniture is on outdoor carpet from what I could see. Is that the case with all furniture on the pool deck on the Enchantment. Maybe other ship do not have carpet near the pool area. We are travelling with two 20/21 year old girls who dont want to share a sofa bed. That's why our TA booked this room. We have a sofa bed plus one pullman bed over our queen(when put together)in the new D1. I hope we don't have to switch rooms due to noise. Anybody been on the Enchantment recently that could answer this. Thanks for your help in advance.

Edited by smalltimecruiser100

I hope we don't have to switch rooms due to noise.

I can't tell you how the cabin is for noise, but I hope you can find out in time to switch before your cruise if need be. If you wait til you are on board, there may well be no other cabin for you to switch to - if that's what you meant by the sentence I quoted. Very likely to be nothing available especially with the special bed requirement.

• 2 weeks later...

First cruise was on Carnival Triumph last fall. A friend and I each had a balcony cabin to ourselves, which was wonderful but expensive. This fall I'm sailing on the Conquest with multiple family members, and again wanted a cabin to myself. I chose the smallest inside cabin available (a twin bed with an upper), mostly because I rarely spent time in my cabin on the last cruise. So, has anybody been in cabin #7345 on the Conquest? Viewing deck plans, it actually looks larger than surrounding cabins, but I find that hard to believe. How tiny is it? Any problems??

Hi not sure if I am going about this the right way just joined after years reading posts have been on 4 cruises booked oriana on a guarantee for august this year as we need a cabin for three did not want to wait till later as these cabins seem to go. we have already been allotted cabin F229 which I knowis the last cabin aft anybody know anything about this cabin is it noisy? what is above? any informationwould be very usefull have not cruised P O before sorry if this is a bit muddled first post.

First cruise was on Carnival Triumph last fall. A friend and I each had a balcony cabin to ourselves, which was wonderful but expensive. This fall I'm sailing on the Conquest with multiple family members, and again wanted a cabin to myself. I chose the smallest inside cabin available (a twin bed with an upper), mostly because I rarely spent time in my cabin on the last cruise. So, has anybody been in cabin #7345 on the Conquest? Viewing deck plans, it actually looks larger than surrounding cabins, but I find that hard to believe. How tiny is it? Any problems??

It is 185 sq feet- its located right next to the laundry room- Our friends heard nothing from the laundry room when the room was booked on the liberty.

The cabin is plenty big enough- especially for one person

Thanx so much, Serene56! I have searched and can't find a picture of this cabin anywhere, nor it's dimensions. I knew I was next to elevators and stairs but didn't know I was next to the laundry room. However, I'm a fairly sound sleeper, so I don't think the laundry room will disturb me. My son and DIL have a balcony cabin across the hall, so I'll be able to get in some balcony time if I choose. 185 square feet? Wow! That's as large as the 'regular' cabins, isn't it? Since there is only a twin bed in the cabin, I may end up with more space than others in the family!

Other than a night light, is there anything else I need to bring or consider since I have an inside cabin? This will be only my second cruise but, hopefully, the second out of many, many more to come!

Mariner of the Seas

Has anyone stayed in cabin 7326...or close to it?

I was close to there a few years ago. That is a great location.

No issues with noise and it is centrally located.

I sailed the Mariner twice when she was in Port Canaveral. I love that ship.

Thanks for letting me know. I just hope the view encompasses the front and rear of the ship. From what I saw we may only have a good view mainly of the back of the ship, because of the angle of the room. But I am not planning on staying in the room much anyhow! :p

Thanks for letting me know. I just hope the view encompasses the front and rear of the ship. From what I saw we may only have a good view mainly of the back of the ship, because of the angle of the room. But I am not planning on staying in the room much anyhow! :p

You probably won't see the front and back of the ship unless you lean out and look since you are not right in the middle but the view is still great! How long ago did you book your cabin? Where are you sailing to?

The only way I have been able to get in the center of the hump was by booking far in advance.

Like I said, it is a great ship and a great location.

Sylvia

We spent ten days in cabin P234 on the Sea Princess. It is forward on the Plaza deck. There are two large storage closets adjacent to the cabin, which weren't on the deck plan. Crew members were loading things into and removing things from these closets at all hours of the day and night. Furthermore, some stored items were not secured properly and they were constantly shifting around and bumping into the wall of our cabin. We slept poorly as a result.

Don't book this cabin!!:mad:

Edited by mrsraggy
typo

• 2 weeks later...

Question for Serene56 or anyone else who knows - there is a large gray area next to the cabin. I don't know what it is, I was told by the CCL rep I booked the cruise with that this cabin would be quieter since no insides were across the hall.

Just hoping it is not a food prep room for room service. Any feedback will be much appreciated!

Question for Serene56 or anyone else who knows - there is a large gray area next to the cabin. I don't know what it is, I was told by the CCL rep I booked the cruise with that this cabin would be quieter since no insides were across the hall.

Just hoping it is not a food prep room for room service. Any feedback will be much appreciated!

this class of ship is awesome when it comes to the insulation of noise.

There is nothing across the hall from you.

I personally would have taken the 8B and got as close to those elevators as possible-- and on the other side.

But the cabin is not a bad choice either

Serene,

I will soon make reservations on the Magic from Galveston. Onboard I must use a power scooter, around the ship but not in the cabin. I much, much prefer balconies. I think that there are only 2 "modified" balconies on the ship. Would it be reasonable to reserve a cove balcony near the elevator to the guest services desk and leave the scooter with them at night? I am afraid that it won't go thru the cove door.

Suggestions?

Thank you, elizabeth

Serene,

I will soon make reservations on the Magic from Galveston. Onboard I must use a power scooter, around the ship but not in the cabin. I much, much prefer balconies. I think that there are only 2 "modified" balconies on the ship. Would it be reasonable to reserve a cove balcony near the elevator to the guest services desk and leave the scooter with them at night? I am afraid that it won't go thru the cove door.

Suggestions?

Thank you, elizabeth

more then likely it will NOT fit through the door even if its modified. To get a scooter through the door you will need a "real" handicapped cabin.

you will leave it at guest services and they will charge it for you- you will not be able to use the hallway. What you can do-- get any cabin- and use a wheel chair to get from the guest services back and forth to your cabin

Serene,

Suggestions?

Thank you, elizabeth

more then likely it will NOT fit through the door even if its modified. To get a scooter through the door you will need a "real" handicapped cabin.

you will leave it at guest services and they will charge it for you- you will not be able to use the hallway. What you can do-- get any cabin- and use a wheel chair to get from the guest services back and forth to your cabin

This room is on Upper Deck right above the Piano Bar and Degas Aft Lounge. Can anyone tell me how noisy it gets? What time will the music end? Would earplugs help or do we actually feel the vibration from below? Thank you for any advice you can share.

this class of ship is awesome when it comes to the insulation of noise.

There is nothing across the hall from you.

I personally would have taken the 8B and got as close to those elevators as possible-- and on the other side.

But the cabin is not a bad choice either

Thanks Serene! I try to get away from the elevators actually because I prefer less traffic. My first Alaska cruise, but I've read that for northbound inside passage, starboard is supposed to be better. Wish I could afford an aft wrap, maybe someday.

Thanks Serene! I try to get away from the elevators actually because I prefer less traffic. My first Alaska cruise, but I've read that for northbound inside passage, starboard is supposed to be better. Wish I could afford an aft wrap, maybe someday.

Have you priced the aft cabin on deck 4? its covered and the views will be awesome