Brewed coffee really extra $$ ?

rtrtx2

It has been my understanding that the reason for the 'coffee from concentrate' is for environmental reasons. For that I have no problem paying extra if I choose to have the better coffee :)

Anne

My understanding that the reason for coffee from concentrate is cost. It is cheaper than ground coffee. I doubt seriously that environmental reasons had anything to do with it. The same reason they use no name condiments for ketchup and mustard etc.

Cheers,

Peter

Well I will be happy to agree to disagree with you :D I had heard my info from different people. All of the cruise lines are very GREEN Aware, and Princess gets high marks in that area, a ton of coffee grinds would be an awful disposal issue. ;)

Happy Sailing,

Anne

Gosh I really have to reply to this thread as the whole coffee from syrup thing completely freaked me out before we went on our trip in December. I read all the negative remarks and decided to buy 3 travel french presses for those of us in my group who are concerned about our morning and evening coffee. We are the folks who NEED a good cup of coffee to start our day and end our evening meal. Well.....we never used the french presses. The coffee on board was just fine!!! Seriously can not understand all the negative remarks about this coffee. It's not the best coffee I've ever had in my lifetime but it was ......very good, and did the job .....and that's not just my opinion but the opinion of all us who went on the Sun in December. We had a diverse group of 12 people who all drank the regular coffee made from syrup and we all .....liked it.

We have never had a problem with the coffee but also know it can change from ship to ship and the SUN will be our next one!!!

Well I will be happy to agree to disagree with you :D I had heard my info from different people. All of the cruise lines are very GREEN Aware, and Princess gets high marks in that area, a ton of coffee grinds would be an awful disposal issue. ;)

Happy Sailing,

Anne

I agree, it is partly for environmental reasons and who can blame them not wanting to try make brewed coffee for 3000 people per day.

Julia,

I LOVE your signature line!!!! I wouldn't travel with a company that did NOT get high marks in the area of 'Green Aware'

Anne

I agree, it is partly for environmental reasons and who can blame them not wanting to try make brewed coffee for 3000 people per day.

Here's a link to a coffe price list

http://members.cox.net/diamond12-2006/PDFs/Diamond%20Princess%20Bar%20Menu%202006-12-02.pdf

I can't decide if I will use all the punches or not. So I may just pay as I go. I would be a hassel to have to go to a bar to get coffee and carry it to the buffet for breakfast.

Decisions, decisions....:p

Happy Sailing,

Anne

You certainly can agree to disagree, but I seriously doubt that the additional food waste from an organic product would be much more than that already created by uneaten food. If they are also so concerned over the waste, they would not have it at all, and just refer people to the endless supply of reconstituted coffee.

As for being green aware, that has to be taken with a very large grain of salt, how green aware can a company be that drives such large ships that spit out such noxious fumes in unspoilt places such as Alaska? These are also the companies that used to regularly dump waste, both food and oil, at sea. The only reason they don't do it any more is that they were caught and fined, not from any altruistic concerns of the corporation.

This of course is purely my own opinion, I try not to think that any corporation has any concern other than getting the next dollar in their books. :D

Cheers,

Peter

I’m glad you find it necessary to “try” to think that and it is not a natural inclination, which would be sad. As I said, I will contentedly agree to disagree with you. If you are disinclined to accept that….well, I have said my peace.

Happy Sailing,

Anne

This of course is purely my own opinion, I try not to think that any corporation has any concern other than getting the next dollar in their books. :D

Cheers,

Peter

Archived