Evening Schedule on Millenium

emartin0306

Hello,

My husband and I will be going on our first Celebrity cruise with 2 other couples in a few weeks. It's the Eastern Caribbean 7-night, sailing on 3/4. We would like to do to the reservations-only restaurant one night but were wondering if someone who has crusied before might be able to tell us what the usual dining schedule is like on this cruise, just so that we can choose what we prefer to "miss out on" that night. By this I am referring to special meals served in the main dining room, formal nights, a meal in the main dining room you might recommend NOT missing or something not worthwhile, etc.

Also, does anyone know if our reservations can be made in advance of the sail date or is this something we do our first day on the ship?

Thank you, we'd appreciate any tips you could offer!

emartin0306

Usually (but not always) the second night (end of the first full day) on the ship is a formal night, as is the second to the last night. The first night on the day you board the ship, and the last night - the night you need to pack up, are always casual nights.

Personally I would avoid the formal nights, especially the last one which is usually the night they have lobster in the dining room. But like any thing else you decide between on a cruise, I've heard from others that enjoy these nights in the specialty restaurant. I also avoid the first and last nights, first as that is a time for meeting your dining room staff & table mates, and last because that is the night you'll say goodbye to them.

You can not make advance reservations if this is your first celebrity or RCL cruise as you have to be a Captains Club member - which requires one prior cruise and maybe one prior Celebrity Cruise. So you'll have to wait until you get on board. If you have a preference for date or time, do go to the restaurant and make the reservation as soon as possible after boarding. They will have the dining dress schedule, and perhaps menu information, there to help you make your decision.

I'm on the Millennium the week after you. I read on these boards that Thursday night is the informal night. Because we have to dress a little nicer on that night anyway, we have chosen to go on Thursday. I'm a Captain's Club member, so I was able to go ahead and make my reservation.

hiya emartin,

welcome to the boards and the march 4th sailing! Please take a look at the roll call section and say hello... We have a great bunch of people going on our cruise :D You can ask a lot more questions and get some great tips!

personally i like to eat at the specialty restaurant last night if i had to choose.But happily i will be eating there every night so i dont have to decide. Just roll me off the ship now hahaha.

*sweet*

Sunday (Fort Lauderdale) - casual

Monday (at sea) - formal

Tuesday (Casa de Campo) - casual

Wednesday (San Juan) - casual

Thursday (St. Thomas) - informal

Friday (at sea) - formal

Saturday (Nassau, or at sea for some dates) - casual

Sunday (Fort Lauderdale)

Best Regards,

Floris

couple of additions.

• Sunday night you will have no clothes.
  • Monday, this is the first formal and we went on this night. It was perfect.
  • Tuesday, if you are going off the boat the departure is late so this may impact your time as depart is 8:00
  • Wed, again a later departure from San Juan
  • Thursday, you will have been in St Thomas all day and the departure is 5:30
  • Friday, final formal night. They do the baked Alaska that day and have the midnight buffet. For those reasons you may not want to do it. This was also the best show in the theatre.
  • Saturday, As long as you don't mind changing before midnight as you have to have your luggage out.

Hi,:) you can call the Captain's Club within 60 days of your

cruise and make a reservation.

They have always asked me for 2 choices (in case the first one

is all booked).

But I have always received my first request.

Enjoy your cruise:)

hiya emartin,

welcome to the boards and the march 4th sailing! Please take a look at the roll call section and say hello... We have a great bunch of people going on our cruise :D You can ask a lot more questions and get some great tips!

personally i like to eat at the specialty restaurant last night if i had to choose.But happily i will be eating there every night so i dont have to decide. Just roll me off the ship now hahaha.

*sweet*

Hi Sweet, good to see you again:)

You eat at the Specialty Restaurant all 7 nights?:eek:

Wow...you are a better woman than I could ever be......

As wonderful as the food and service are, I would probably

feel so bloated each day all I would want to do is sleep.

lois..hiya

Whats nice about eating there every night is...you get to pre-choose your dinner for the next night. i have had the most amazing veal cordon blu (not available any longer in main DR), and a few other things specially prepared.

Since i have been lucky enough to have sailed celebrity numerous times ...this makes it even more special.

I have to agree that by day 5 things get tight...so i pack accordingly hhahaha...i have yet to get them to serve me my chocolate souflee for appetizer and main course and dessert but not for lack of trying!

*sweet*

Sweet:) Hi,

Thanks for the information. I know you have sailed solo many

times too. You go on your own every night?

And just choose never to join a table in the main dining room?

I am just curious. I sail solo too and part of what makes

my cruises fun are large tables in the dining room and getting

to know my tablemates.

lois,

I have gone many times solo...and i have met many extremely nice people at tables (we kep in contact,and have even arranged cruises together)...but when i meet certain friends onboard (like this time) they prefer only the specialty restaurant...so even though i go alone..i am not alone. The roll call has been an amazing asset as well in meeting and sharing excursions etc.

i do just about everything on my own except dinners.

i definitely agree that the traditional dining for solos is the way to go and meet.

*sweet*

Archived