Wedding cakes on Century????

Soon2bMrs

I'm getting married while on a cruise on St. John.

We're having a cocktial party back on the ship as we leave St. Thomas. We'd like to get a wedding cake.

My Ta didn't think that Celebrity did wedding cakes.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks,

Kathy

You say your TA didn't think that X does wedding cakes. What did s/he do to confirm that thought? Anything? Like, for example her/his job -- call X???? And be persistent about the request from a valued client???? :confused: I give up. :( You'll apparently have to call X yourself, as suggested above. Next task after that might be to find another TA???

But you'll never forget the wedding. What a wonderful place to get married! Congratulations! And, in the greater scheme of things, a cake is minor. :):) (I was going to say 'a cake is icing on the cake' but it didn't seem quite right. :rolleyes: )

S

Wedding cake, Celebrity Galaxy, May 2003 (Onboard, precruise Wedding)

cake_200x365.jpg

Click on the picture and see a larger version...

As I recall, this was all prearranged through a company called "Weddings for You" that works with Celebrity often. At the least, your TA is going to have to call Celebrity to prearrange any special needs such as cake, etc.

Dave

Thanks everyone who responded.

No my TA seems a bit lazy to me. My future father in- law was on the phone w/ her weekly to bug her about this cocktail hour which she said they wouldn't do, yet I know from reading these posts that RC did them and they own Celebrity.

He died two weeks ago, and she ponied up to the cocktail hour on her dime!

We're sad about him leaving us so soon, but I guess that was his last deed here on earth was to get us that party after our wedding.

I think she felt sorry for us................. MMMMMMMMMMMMMm maybe I could work this angle for awhile since she hasn't been the easiest person to deal with?

The cruise is only 2 months away so no need for a new TA. We booked our flights and hotel ourselves.

I'll call CC today to see what they can do. I don't need a huge cake since there are only 30 of us. I just wanted something.

TA did seem to think that maybe we would have to go thru a wedding for you for the cake. Why would I want to pay for another coordinator? Getting married is NOT cheap! You get nickled and dimed for everything!

Thanks again

Archived