WINE BAR on the Connie?

Tranquil Waters

I don't recall seeing any wine flights, and the only tastings I saw were special events.

Most of the bars have the same basic wine menu. There is a broader menu of Champagnes in the Champagne bar (also available in the adjacent Martini Bar) and a larger wine menu in the Cova Cafe.

For full bottles they have different lists in the Dining room and the Specialty Restaurant. While I've never asked, I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't have anything from either of those lists in the bar of your choice if you requested it a little in advance.

Larry is right there is now wine bar on Celebrity. One would think they would or incorporate it into the Champagne bar. Look at who Celebrity is trying to attrack vs RCI so it seems backwards IMO

Hi Larry

Just found Mike on another Roll call and asked about you. He said they had to change due to work. But I noticed that you are still getting on when I am getting off the Connie in March

Have a great cruise

deb

Auntdebba: I saw you are on the Connie 11 days too early! You have a great cruise too and take care of the ship for us.

OK - As I mentioned above, I thought the Cova had a larger wine selection than some of the other bars. Just looked at a menu from a year or so ago, that one of the CC posters, Arubalisa, has on her great web site at http://www.our-cruises.com/galaxy/covag.htm

There are several pages here on her drop down menus. From this it appears that the Cova, which I tend to think of as a coffee & pastry bar, really is sort of a wine bar too. They do have some wine flights as well as a big selection of wine by the bottle or by the glass.

I also recall them having some awesome liquored up coffee drinks and some nice champagne cocktails.

Sandy - On the M Class ships the Cova is in the atrium on deck 5 - just outside the Martini & Champagne bars. Not sure of it's location on other ships.

SusieV - A wine flight is like a sampling of wine - generally it includes several small glasses of wine which add up to, and cost similar to, one full glass. Typically something like four glasses with 1.5 to 2.0 OZ each. You often see it served on a little placemat that identifies each wine served.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. A special thanks to Lsimon for the link. That is exactly the info I was hoping for! :)

As to the wine flights, when we were on RCI last week the bartender was pouring the flights with each "sample" having as much wine as a regular glass of wine ordered. We spent 2 hours in the wine bar enjoying the 4 glasses of wine with the fruit, nut, and cheese plate. No wine was needed for dinner... ;)

We are diamond members with RCI and are booked on our first Celebrity cruise next Feb 2008 for a 10 night Caribbean on the Constellation. We are really looking forward to experiencing Celebrity.

We were just on the Mille and we saw some people enjoying wine flights in the Cova Bar.

This was the only bar my mom and I ever went to. We went for sodas, champagne, coffee, whatever. And OMG, the chocolate croissants are amazing too.

We are diamond members with RCI and are booked on our first Celebrity cruise next Feb 2008 for a 10 night Caribbean on the Constellation. We are really looking forward to experiencing Celebrity.

We just got off the Constellation a few weeks ago and spent most of our time at the martini bar at night before dinner. Didn't notice a wine bar, exactly, but I am sure they have a great selection. The ship and staff are awesome! We are going again next February as well, leaving the 29th, you?

Wendy

Archived