B2B Questions

chefim

We will be sailing on B2B on CB Nov 4-18, 2007 and I have some questions that you might be able to help with.

1. Will we need to disembark in between cruises?

2. Since we are on for both weeks, will we be able to make our reservations for the specialty restaurants on the first leg for both cruises?

3. Is there any suggestions or tips for a B2B that you might have?

I will probably think of more later, but will start with these. We were lucky enough to get the same cabin for both weeks.

Regards,

Chef

I don't know if this will help but it's a start. I did a search on the website for B2B and saw pages of threads on this particular subject. Here is one that I found helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=437697&highlight=B2B

DH, myself, my BFF and her DH will be going a month before you. We can't wait. It's not soon enough as far as we are concerned. :D

We just got back in January from a back to back on the Grand we did not get off in between. We had to change rooms because we ordered them at different times. The move was very easy. We did not pre order in the first week we just orderd everything early on the phone from our room before everyone else boarded. Got all the times we asked for. Hope this helps. I am ready to go again!!!

We just got back in January from a back to back on the Grand we did not get off in between. We had to change rooms because we ordered them at different times. The move was very easy. We did not pre order in the first week we just orderd everything early on the phone from our room before everyone else boarded. Got all the times we asked for. Hope this helps. I am ready to go again!!!

We were on a B2B from San Juan. We were required to get off the ship in San Juan because of US Customs. We did get to keep the same room though, as we asked that the two bookings be linked.

Didn't have any other problems. Being Canadian, we usually don't have a problem with US Customs other than the normal hassle. Because we were simply "in transit" it was rather quick, for a change. But we did have to do the normal 6:30 AM customs nonsense.

Both weeks are treated as seperate weeks.

You will get new sign and sail cards, maybe new stewards as they rotate sometimes... so tip each week accordingly.

Reservations will need to be done each week.

The pursers desk will meet with you on the last day and tell you what you will be needing to do. You dont have to get off with the masses nor do you have to stand out and wait to check in again.

You will have the ship to yourself with all the other B2B. barely anything is opened like the bars, stores--places like tht-- but you can find a pool chair. the spa is wonderful with their pools, etc.

While the stores won't be open (they never are while the ship is in any port), there will be bars open. You won't have to leave the ship, it's a great time to do your wash as the machines aren't that busy. For a couple of hours the ship is virtually empty.

We just did the Crown b2b in January and it was great. My husband handled all the details, but I know he had to get the two cruises "linked" in order to not have to check in again for the second cruise. You may want to check with your TA or Princess to make sure this is done for you.

That being said, The embarkation day in-between the cruises was a cinch. We received a new sail & sign card in our box the night before and a "In Transit" card which allowed us to get off the ship during the other passengers disembarkation time. If we got off during the disembarkation time, we had to wait until disembarkation was complete before we could return to the ship. For that reason we stayed on the ship during the morning hours. It was a great day to sleep in and rest up. As stated, we pretty much had the ship to ourselves until around 2pm. I missed breakfast, which ended everywhere at 9am that day, but was able to get a croissant by asking at the buffet. The lunch buffet began at noon. After the new passengers began embarkation, we were able to disembark and embark without waiting for the check-in line, only having to go through security. We did have to make sure we went down to the embarkation point and have a new picture done for our new sail & sign card by 5pm.

We had the same stateroom both weeks, so we didn't have to move, and our room steward was very happy to have us b2b as it meant less work for him. It was a great feeling on the eve and day of the embarkation day in-between the cruises to know we didn't have to leave. And we knew our way around the ship by then and felt like old-timers.

Our cruises had different itineraries for each week. Most of the comedians and specialty acts changed, the menu was the same, Mutts was the same, and one of the production shows was new for the second week.

We ate at Sabatini's the first week and the Crown Grill the second week. We had to wait until the second cruise started to make our reservations for that week. Also we had to wait until the second week to book excursions for the second week aboard ship.

We requested and got the same table for first seating at dinner, but had different waiters because our head waiter got to go home after our first week.

I would do another b2b again in a heartbeat. It was easy and fun.

Archived