Any experience booking directly with NCL?

kktk

They are offering a fairly decent price right now(infact 50 bucks cheaper).

Any of you know if booking directly with them has been a good or a bad experience?

I have usually gone through my TA.

Booked my last cruise direct and had no problems. I would advise that if you run into any problems or have questions, contact NCL through the Lattitudes line. I have found you can get through much faster that way then going through the regular customer service line.

They are offering a fairly decent price right now(infact 50 bucks cheaper).

Any of you know if booking directly with them has been a good or a bad experience?

I have usually gone through my TA.

We have always booked direct and have not had any problems. Done 9 NCL cruises in this way. We love the Personal Cruise Consultant structure which allows us to utilize the same person everytime. She has booked three cruises for us in the last 12 months and is flawless everytime. Prior to that, we just picked up the phone and made the reservation with whoever answered. This new structure allows for very personal service. We love it and like controlling our own booking.

Obviously, you're will get the reverse opinion here too on letting a TA do the work and then if you do have problems, they have the obligation to correct it.

I booked 35 of us direct with NCL. I found the Personal Cruise Consultant much better then the group reservations. In fact at one point when I had to get docs sent through group I ended up having to enlist my PCC to help get them off the dime.

Pricing was much better direct then through any TA I could find; which shouldn't be too surprising; I cut the middle man out.

But, I would always go through individual reservations so I have additional help when working with group.

There you go; this and 8 bits will get you a cup of coffee.

I always go with a travel agent that will reduce his or her commission to make the sale and make my price cheaper.

Hey, original poster...are you going to Alaska? Could that $50.00 be the new Alaska tax that NCL will add on at the end of your bill? Therefore not actually making it cheaper to use them?

Any travel agent that charges you more than going with NCL is not a travel agent that I want to use.

In fact, while getting many price quotes for my next cruise, one travel agent wanted to charge me almost $200.00 more than what NCL would have charged me by going direct. Yet, every one else either wanted to charge me the same or less. I told that travel agent that he wasn't dealing with a fool and that I would pass on him for now and in the future.

Archived