room service tipping

MQU

In theory, it is whatever you would like to give. In practice, I'm in agreement with the other posts here. My wife and I are heavy coffee/juice drinkers in the AM and so our RS trays can be heavy. We ususally tip $2-$4 depending on the order AND the timeliness of the deliver. Hope this helps.

I usually gave $3 cash each time I got room service. If you give cash don't write in the amount of tip you gave in cash when you sign for delivery. If you do this you will also be charged an additional tip on your charge card. I found this out the hard way :mad:

Also mostly between $2-$3 depending on what we are ordering, if the kids are with us then a couple $ more. I also learn't not to write an amount on the form if I tip in cash:eek: I put the $ out the night before so it is handy when they arrive with breakfast the next morning.

I used to get the $2 bills from the bank but read on here it is difficult for the crew to exchange so no more of those:D

So if you don't have the cash you can just add it to your bill? Do you have to sign for roomservice? Seems weird since its free - they must make you sign stating that you received it?

Yes, you sign to confirm you received your order. And you can put the tip on your onboard account but we find it easier to just pull out a few bucks and give them the cash. I wonder if you put it on your onboard account if the person who actually delivered your order gets it or if it goes into a pool.

Dan

So if you don't have the cash you can just add it to your bill? Do you have to sign for roomservice? Seems weird since its free - they must make you sign stating that you received it?

Yes, you have to sign for delivery and can add in a tip amount on the form and that will be charged to your shipboard account.

The tip amount will go into a pool to be shared by others.

Yes, you have to sign for delivery and can add in a tip amount on the form and that will be charged to your shipboard account.

The tip amount will go into a pool to be shared by others.

Thank you for your answer.

I guess we'll never know where the cash ends up. Does the delivery person keep it for themselves or do they share it with other staff that have helped prepare the food for room service? I would like to think that all those who played a part in preparing & delivering the room service got a little piece of the pie, so to speak.

Archived