Internet access

bixy

Most folk wait till they go ashore and find a speedy and cheap internet cafe to check their emails.

I do not know the cost on board these days,except that you pay by the minute and the service is very s l o w,and the cost can run away on you.I once had to email my TA from on board to change a flight and by the time I got on line and then through to finally sending it, the 1 message clocked up nearly $20.00.

Hi Karen,

Climb on board on Tuesday.

Then a Valentines Day lunch in the Bay of Islands with friends,2 days at sea,lunch in Sydney with friends ,another day at sea to Brisbane and then fly home.

Wonder if I should start packing yet?

Just wanting to know if anyone had used the internet on board and how much does it cost? Does it get charged to your cruise card or do you need money?

We were on the Star last week (it was great!!) ... used the internet on board every second day or so to keep in touch with home. It was 50c a minute (first minute was free) - to quickly check replies and send an update could take 8-10 minutes. You swipe your cruisecard before you can log on and it gets charged to your account.

Speed varied (was very quick when we were in port at Noumea) but was still quick somedays at sea ... go figure???

On Pacific Star you swipe your cruise card through a card reader to activate the internet. When you log off your usage is calculated and charged to your account.

On Pacific Sun you purchase a pre-paid card from purser's lounge - and enter the code on logon, and the then when you sign off the amount is debited from the account. At least that was how it worked in 2005, the system may have changed at the same time as they changed the cruise card system on Sun to be the same as on Star. Someone who's been on Sun more recently may be able to comment.

Archived