Miami tent embarkation

harveysalva

So, I just read a thread that says if the Pearl is leaving from Miami on the same day as Jewel, the Jewel will use the tent. I checked, and sure enough, Pearl and Jewel both leave on April 8th! My questions are; is it always the Jewel that gets the tent? Do you think they'll have all these kinks worked out by April or should I plan on 2-3 hours for embarkation? Does it help to get there early so atleast your at the front of the line (chaos)? I'm not one to let embarkation ruin my trip in the least, but I would like to be prepared for the worst so I can prepare the kids!:p

Thanks,

Shelly

The Jewel will always be in the tent on the Sundays that the Pearl is also in. It should help a bit if you get there earlier. Basically, they issue numbers and that is the order in which they call you to go through security and board the Ship. Embarkation actually happens inside the Ship. Things have been working out pretty well. Of course, not as great as when you have a terminal to work out of, but fairly well. The Ship staff is going the EXTRA mile to help out in any way they can.

As you said, embarkation is not something that should ruin anyone's vacation. You are doing well with preparing for the worse. However, things will be fine... Have a great cruise!!

Sooo, I don't know what any of that means, the tent and all, lol. But I think I read somewhere , that when you check in, at the tent in Miami, you present your travel documents and a credit card at that time, is that correct? I am going on my first cruise on March 4, and I am so nervous, silly huh, lol. So If I wanted to use cash, is that out of the question? Just trying to get the right answers? Thanks in advance.

Well we are going to find out in a couple weeks. DW has basically no cartiledge in her knees and can't stand for long periods so I hope it isn't as bad as I've read.

I'm looking forward to your 9 day Pearl review. :) I'm hoping we get to do that in 2008.

Ask the doctor for some type of note and maybe you can get on the ship sooner, or at least get a chair for her to sit in.

Well we are going to find out in a couple weeks. DW has basically no cartiledge in her knees and can't stand for long periods so I hope it isn't as bad as I've read.

Telll the luggage porters or any NCL personal that you find that your wife needs a wheelchair. That way, she'll have someplace to sit while she's waiting. There's usually a special line for wheelchairs. You may have to push the chair yourself, but usually there's someone from NCL to do it for you.

I've travelled with cruisers who needed a wheelchair and the cruiselines always seem to do a great job expediting embarkation. She should also use a wheelchair for debarkation too since that can be a really long waiting-in-lines experience.

Thanks for the suggestions!!! She has a cane with a seat on it. She's the envy of everyone in line with bad knees. :) I've read that if you are there by 11:30 it should be alright.

To the person that wants to do all cash, yes it can be done, but it's a pain. You have to settle your account in person. One more line...

Archived