Buy 5 bottles of wine and get the 6th free

Sam The Cat

We were on the Dawn in May, 2005 and if you bought a bottle of wine five times you would get the 6th free. I saved our receipts but I think that they kept track of how many bottles you purchased.

Just wondering if they are still offering that

Thanks

They did on the Majesty in January. We found out because we ate lunch with a couple who were buying their seventh bottle (on the sixth day) and had their receipts with them to get the free bottle. It took awhile, because the bar waiter (or whatever he's called, the one in the dining room) acted like he didn't know about the promotion. But they finally got their bottle.

DH and I both were definitely under the impression that they had bought all of these bottles during this cruise due to comments they made. (They drank the whole bottle at lunch.) I don't know if receipts from past cruises will count.

Shay

Thanks for the info. My GF loves her wine and I do a little so we will have no trouble in going through 6 or 7 or maybe 8 bottles

The way that the programs works is after you purchase any 5 bottles of wine (They can be different bottles) and present your receipts to the person(s) serving you, you receive a credit equal to the average cost of the 5 bottles that you can use for the purchase of a 6th bottle . If your credit equals or exceeds the cost of the 6th bottle, then you get it for free. If your credit is less than the cost of the 6th bottle, you pay the difference.

We used the program during our cruise this past december.

• 1 month later...

FYI - Just returned from the Pearl 9 day and the offer was buy 8 get 9th bottle free. (I have seen the 6 for 5 offer on a past 7 day cruise.) I'm guessing the number of bottles on the offer is directly related to the length of the cruise. :rolleyes:

FYI - Just returned from the Pearl 9 day and the offer was buy 8 get 9th bottle free. (I have seen the 6 for 5 offer on a past 7 day cruise.) I'm guessing the number of bottles on the offer is directly related to the length of the cruise. :rolleyes:

It was 10 on the 11 day Dawn :eek: :( The should at least make it 10 get 2 free same discount as 5 get one free :confused:

Does anyone know the 6 for 5 bottles of wind includes bottles of wine ordered for the cabin?? I usually order a couple of bottles just so we can sit on the balcony drink some wine and see the world pass us by

In case this an issue, wait and get it on the cruise so you have the receipt. - assume you were talking about ordering ahead?

Archived