Drink Packages - Adv. purchase Card

RainbowTraveler

I see on the Carnival website you can purchase 4 hard drink coupons for $19.50 per book of four coupons ($5.00 per drink incl. tax and gratuity). I'm guessing this is a good deal but anyone have experience?

I also know that Princess offered Royal Drink packages (pay one price for a bulk purchase of drinks) the first day. Does Carnival offer packages?

Thanks so much guys...

I would avoid the drink coupons and just purchase fun dollars. Basically, fun dollars are a credit on you sail and sign. This which just means you've paid for your drinks in advance and it makes your final bill lower.

I don't like the drink coupons because they tend to get lost. I had to turn my room upside down one year to find them. You really don't save that much money.

The coupons are a "decent" deal depending on what you are drinking... some bartenders will charge you for the difference, some won't. I have used them in the past and decided they weren't really worth the hassle, plus I lost a few, LOL.

Thanks. I didn't realize they charged you for the difference (ie..drink costs $8.00 on board and they charge your account for $3.00) :eek: . That isn't right but I guess it makes since given the nickel and dime efforts on some cruiselines to make money. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your answers. :D

Best, Mike

Thanks. I didn't realize they charged you for the difference (ie..drink costs $8.00 on board and they charge your account for $3.00) :eek: . That isn't right but I guess it makes since given the nickel and dime efforts on some cruiselines to make money. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your answers. :D

Best, Mike

It says it right on the coupons... valid for drinks up to yadda yadda yadda. I haven't been charged for the difference, but I have only used them with bartenders that I have tipped very well. Many others HAVE been charged the difference. The coupons are not designed to be a money saver... they are designed to be gifts.

We used the tickets for two cruises. The only time they were asking for more money was with wine at dinner. She took them the first two nights and then she decided she need more the rest of the week

We had know problem carrying them. We just kept them in our laynard with our sail card.

We had 48 of them on our Glory trip and then I used the ones left on the pride.

My friend found she was paying at least a dollar more a drink than I was with my tickets..she is now ordering them for her family for cruise in 2008...

It was really nice not to have a bar bill at the end of the trip....

I would order a set and try them. Then on your next cruise you will know how they worked for you...

carla

Archived