Why is a VF now more expensive than a VA?

cnvh

Hubby and I booked our cruise on the Noordam, sailing 10/31/07 out of NYC... we booked at $1099 pp for a VF guarantee, which (at the time we booked) was the same price as a VF confirmed cabin, which was the cheapest price available for a balcony.

Just out of curiosity, I went looking today to see if the prices had gone up or down... well they've gone up, all right, but I'm confused as to HOW they went up-- a VF cabin is listed (on a variety of websites) as $1849 pp, while a VA is $1449 pp. This same price is listed on multiple sites... on all of them, the VF is the msot expensive verandah stateroom option.

Is this another Noordam pricing error in the making? If not, why would the VF category now be the most expensive category? I don't get it....

-- a VF cabin is listed (on a variety of websites) as $1849 pp, while a VA is $1449 pp. This same price is listed on multiple sites... on all of them, the VF is the msot expensive verandah stateroom option. Is this another Noordam pricing error in the making? If not, why would the VF category now be the most expensive category? I don't get it....

I don't have an answer, but I seriously doubt that it's "another pricing error in the making" because I've seen similar things happen with other ships at other times. On our Statendam cruise coming up the BC cabins were more than the BB, BA, B, and A cabins for a long time ... but now have dropped into line again. I thought it might be a gimmick to discourage people from booking the bottom-rung of a given class, and causing HAL to give free upgrades because of overbooking. Just my guess.

I think you are bascially right but I also think it is Supply and Demand. If a certain category is selling fairly well and one is not at all they may actually lower the price of the higher one. It could also be that the VF category for your sailing may only have one cabin left where the VA has several.

Archived