Bowling Alley

deborahjo

How do you know that? It's not on the web site's deck plans. Is it shown in a brochure? Or were you told that by an NCL rep?

In the latest pictures of the GEM being built, Shoreguy posted them on our GEM roll call, it shows the windows in place in the dining room and that they are working on the bowling alley now.

Here's a link to our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384690

Post #456 is where Shoreguy posted the latest picture.

In the latest pictures of the GEM being built, Shoreguy posted them on our GEM roll call, it shows the windows in place in the dining room and that they are working on the bowling alley now.

Here's a link to our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384690

Post #456 is where Shoreguy posted the latest picture.

Thanks for the link. I checked it out and the picture doesn't come up for me. I'll take your word for it.

How do you know that? It's not on the web site's deck plans. Is it shown in a brochure? Or were you told that by an NCL rep?

click on the picture -if you can't see the aft facing widows for the dining room get new glasses:D The bowling alley will be on the deck directly above the dining room that is the next modules to be added.

cc: Shoreguy

See Picture

[ATTACH]36630[/ATTACH]

First of all, in today's "high class" world, there is no such thing as a bowling "alley". Nowadays we have stepped up in class and call them bowling "lanes". :p So now that NCL will have bowling lanes, will we be able to bring our own bowling balls and shoes with us? Will the lanes be sanctioned by the U.S. Bowling Association? Will they soon have a Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) Tournament on board a cruise ship?

These are vital things that we need to know.....LOL. What's next on a cruise ship........parasailing from the fantail? :rolleyes:

First of all, in today's "high class" world, there is no such thing as a bowling "alley". Nowadays we have stepped up in class and call them bowling "lanes". :p So now that NCL will have bowling lanes, will we be able to bring our own bowling balls and shoes with us? Will the lanes be sanctioned by the U.S. Bowling Association? Will they soon have a Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) Tournament on board a cruise ship?

These are vital things that we need to know.....LOL. What's next on a cruise ship........parasailing from the fantail? :rolleyes:

No PBA........the lanes are a little short of being regulation lanes.:(

I think we they need to go retro, and bring back skeet shooting off the fantail:D Let people smuggle on their booze and give them a gun.:eek:

I think I would try that excursion, activity, whatever you want to call it. Sounds like fun. :D

Margaret---

How about skeet shooting with slingshots???:eek:

Back from a 5 day Pearl cruise, and can say that it was alot of fun bowling! $5/person, per game, including shoe rental. automatic scoring. The nice thing is that there are video screens located around the lanes, so you can watch music video, and dance while waiting your turn. I feel Bliss Ultralounge in general is a VERY nicely designed space, and is comparable to looks and feel of a nightclub in NYC, South Beach, or LA. I don't know of any lounge/disco/nightclub on a ship that had such a nice 'vibe' to it.

Anyone have any comments about bowling in rough seas? :D

Reminds me of seeing the Juggler performing in 20ft swell ;)

Went bowling on the Pearl's Transatlantic. The hurricane was Saturday/Sunday so we went bowling on the Monday when the seas had calmed down (a bit - probably still 12ft+). For one of my shots I decided to wait until the seas seemed a bit calmer. While still holding the ball, there was a large wave and all the pins fell down - I got a strike:D Balls would also be heading for one gutter and end up in the other one. Luck played as big a part, if not bigger, than skill. GREAT FUN.

Anyone have any comments about bowling in rough seas? :D

Reminds me of seeing the Juggler performing in 20ft swell ;)

Went bowling on the Pearl's Transatlantic. The hurricane was Saturday/Sunday so we went bowling on the Monday when the seas had calmed down (a bit - probably still 12ft+). For one of my shots I decided to wait until the seas seemed a bit calmer. While still holding the ball, there was a large wave and all the pins fell down - I got a strike:D Balls would also be heading for one gutter and end up in the other one. Luck played as big a part, if not bigger, than skill. GREAT FUN.

Guest BeckyThane
Went bowling on the Pearl's Transatlantic. The hurricane was Saturday/Sunday so we went bowling on the Monday when the seas had calmed down (a bit - probably still 12ft+). For one of my shots I decided to wait until the seas seemed a bit calmer. While still holding the ball, there was a large wave and all the pins fell down - I got a strike:D

ROTFLMAO!!!

Darn, just got off the 9 day S. Caribbean and we had calm seas the entire time - had to make strikes the old fashioned way:D (which probably explains why I didn't get any:) ).

Archived