Cudos for Cruise Critic!

ejhall

I want to thank those in charge of these Cruise Critic message boards! I only found them a few months ago, but already they have provided me with a "wealth" of information that I hadn't found anywhere else about planning and enjoying my upcoming cruise on Celebrity's Infinity and about cruising in general. And by "wealth" I mean two things. One, I am so much more informed about the ship, the cruise line, potential excursions and the area I'm crusing to. And two, these message boards have saved me money, as in $175! That is a huge deal to me and I'm extremely grateful! :D

So, thanks again and happy sailing to all!!! :)

I couldn't agree more! I could have never found out everything I did about the shore excursions I booked for Alaska (next week) and for my Med. cruise (Oct.2005). It's so helpful to have honest opinions of hotels, tour operators, cabins, etc. Unfortunately, now I have a new addiction! :D I check the boards all day long for new posts.

Anne

Would it be off topic to slam the moderators on this thread?

Just kidding! :p

I think they do a great job. Considering it's a free for us to use, I don't understand all the complaints. This site is much better than any of the others I've visited.

Thank you for starting this upbeat, positive thread!

Would it be off topic to slam the moderators on this thread?

Just kidding! :p

I think they do a great job. Considering it's a free for us to use, I don't understand all the complaints. This site is much better than any of the others I've visited.

Thank you for starting this upbeat, positive thread!

I think FREE is the key word. And what a value that is for all of us! :p

Three Cheers for Walt, Anne and Laura! :D

Cheers,

Joe

I agree with the above posters. I think this is a simply amazing service and the moderators are doing a super job. I really don't get other people's complaints about these new boards. Hey folks, this is free! Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Hurray for Cruise Critic!

Sally

Thanks so much for your comments. Laura and her team at Cruise Critic have done a fantastic job of picking just the right platform for the boards, pulling off a monstrous data base conversion from the old boards, and for keeping the sponsor material (required to pay the bills) at a satisfactory level for them and for us users.

Anne and I are just Hosts so the big attagirl belongs to Laura. Anne and I have it reasonably easy on the X (Celebrity) Board because our members usually are very nice and are fonts of knowlege. The willingness of X Board members to help and to share is what makes our job so much fun.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Walt, Laura and Anne, I also want to add my thanks. I know that at times you could pull your hair out over some of the posts, but I have learned so much here, from excursions to take, food and drink to look forward to, best time for this or that itinerary, and ships I must sail. The friendships I've made are unbeatable.

Thank you,:D

Garry

Archived