FLIGHT: Go with Princess or Charter private?

jayz

There are a dozen of us booked for the Emerald. Travel agent advised that Princess will not guarantee that we all fly the same flight unless we pay a surcharge $50. Travel suggested we take the Princess flight and in the mean time keep our eyes open for a better priced charter that we know we can all travel on. This cruise is not for 11 months yet so I suppose its worthto see what is available come closer to sailing. Anybody been through this scenerio? We are flying from Toronto to Ft Lauderdale.

( maybe we should rent a winnabago and drive?)

do you mean actually chartering a plane just for the 12 of you....ie a 15 seater or something of that size...or do you mean "charter" as in Zoom, Air Canada's "charter fleet"?

Sorry, Air Canada. West jet,.....could not possibly afford a private jet.

Well...I have worked with Private Air Charter companies in the U.S. for many years. You really need to check the reputations and they can be very expensive. I think I would go with Princess because you have recourse, they are going to get you there (maybe not the most expedite way) It can be a problem with maintenance issues, weather, pilot scheduling with Charter Aircraft. Yes and also with the Airlines but you would have Princess trying to work it out.

I actually prefer to make my own arrangements on the airlines and go the day before.

That being said, I love Charter Flights but unless you know exactly who your going with I wouldn't do it.

Dianne

Archived