Okay..I lied. Another last question!

crystallynn

How soon after you arrive on ship does your luggage arrive to your cabin? (on average). Is it wise to put a change of clothes in your carry-on in case you want to freshen up as soon as you get in your room?

Pushing off soon,

Crystal

I also have had a good experience getting luggage within hours, but I do know of people that did not receive in a timely fashion. A co-worker of mine traveled last month and did not receive until midnight and a few folks on the Legend last week did not find their luggage until the next day

If you do not mind carrying a small bag I recommend carrying your bathing suit and a possible change of casual clothes for the first nights dinner just in case. Odds are in your favor you will get your stuff early, but just in case I personally prefer to be prepared

[b][color=darkslategray]Hi Crystal. The luggage has been delivered to my cabin door at various times on different cruises. It's usually been there before dinner, but sometimes not. [/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray][/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray]And - don't [i]panic[/i] if one piece of your luggage doesn't show up with the other one. Last cruise, a friend got one piece of hers delivered to her cabin before dinner, and the other was there when we returned from dinner.[/color][/b]

I always have a carry on bag, it will have PJ's, comfy shoes/socks, undies, toiletries, fresh outfit, swim suit, travel alarm clock, ear plugs, medicine and a book. This is for a couple of reasons, your luggage could be lost on an airline or may not make it to your cabin. ( I've been in travel industry for 27 years)

I know I've read somewhere on here that the cruise lines are pretty forgiving on that first night in the dining room - just for this very reason. I suspect that will be the most casual night on the ship - since quite possibly there could be a number of people that do not get their luggage in time for dinner (especially those like me, with EARLy seating).

I agree with the other posters about the carry on. It seems to me that the earlier you drop off your luggage, the earlier it can be processed and delivered to your cabin. We are always some of the first to board and have always had our luggage delivered very quickly. Have a great cruise.

[quote name='Saymyname']I always have a carry on bag, it will have PJ's, comfy shoes/socks, undies, toiletries, fresh outfit, swim suit, travel alarm clock, ear plugs, medicine and a book. This is for a couple of reasons, your luggage could be lost on an airline or may not make it to your cabin. ( I've been in travel industry for 27 years)[/QUOTE]
Just to add to this really good advice....I always carry my formals in a garment bag and carry it on the airplane with me. Just don't forget if you do this, to grab it on your way off. This way if the airlines lose your luggage, you at least have the basics and won't have to miss formal nights.:)

[quote name='LuvSun&Fun']Just to add to this really good advice....I always carry my formals in a garment bag and carry it on the airplane with me. Just don't forget if you do this, to grab it on your way off. This way if the airlines lose your luggage, you at least have the basics and won't have to miss formal nights.:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, Luv.........
The formal attire is always in the other carry on bag, ( Thanks for that info, I forgot about it because I don't carry the garment bag ~ he does!)

Archived