HAL's Bonaire Excursion

Toad

I have gone to the "Destinations" site and received no feedback and hope I can get some help here. Has anyone done the 'No Name" Beach snorkeling and swimming excursion? How was IT? Was there any shade? Is it a good place to snorkel? Please help.

I have gone to the "Destinations" site and received no feedback and hope I can get some help here. Has anyone done the 'No Name" Beach snorkeling and swimming excursion? How was IT? Was there any shade? Is it a good place to snorkel? Please help.

Hi Toad:

"No Name Beach" is located on Klein Bonaire (Little Bonaire) located just off the coast of Bonaire, and only a short boat ride away. The entire island is a National Marine Park, and is completely undeveloped. There are a few thatch-roofed open air shelters for protection from the sun, but you definitely need a hat and sunscreen if you come here. If you're not on a ship's excursion, but just taking the water taxi, also bring along some bottled water. The sand is coral, but it is gritty, versus fine, coral. The day we were there it was a bit windy. Snorkeling is the big draw here, as Bonaire is considered one of the world's top diving and snorkeling destinations.

The swimming conditions were fine for me. I stayed closed to shore where there was a small coral reef. There are many options for all levels of ability on Klein Bonaire. My husband and young daughter stayed on the beach and played in the shallow water. We did the "Samur Sail and Beach Snorkel Adventure", which was fine, but there are other offerings as well. I think if I had done an excursion on my own, I would choose the "Bonaire Two-Site Advanced Snorkeling" excursion thru HAL. ( Bear in mind that I spent my early years in Bermuda and the Caribbean, and have always been a fairly strong swimmer, even now in my middle-aged and portly years, and I love to be in the water). I would very much like to go back to Bonaire and Klein Bonaire, and do more snorkeling there!!

Karin

Middle Aged Mom:Thanks for all your info, my S/O and I have done the Two site snorkel twice or three times and it is great, just not long enough in the water for him. The beach sounds perfect for us both, as I can snorkel for a short time, cool off when needed and get in the shade as needed while he spends all the time snorkeling. I appreciate. Guess we will just bring lots of water. Was it crowded?

Hi Again:

I didn't think the beach at Klein Bonaire was crowded, but the locals might disagree with me....;) Especially when all of us cruise folk come in on our various excursion craft.....Prior to our cruise in December, I didn't know much about Bonaire myself, and spent a lot of time at various internet sites doing research. To the best of my knowledge, which is limited at best, the water taxi runs about three times a day to Klein Bonaire, and costs something like $15 per person round trip. It leaves from the marina in Kralendijk near the restaurant called "It Rains Fishes". But I have no direct experience of this mode of transport myself.

If you want to learn more about Bonaire, there's a good website called Bonaire Talk, which is run by locals.

Oh, and there are no facilities of any kind on Klein Bonaire. But I sure found it to be a lovely place.

Have fun:)

Karin

Thanks, Kakalina (or should I call you Trashy;), referring to another thread)

HAL also offers an excursion called "No Name Beach Water Taxi". They use the Kantika di Amor, which I think is the main water taxi from town. So you could either book thru HAL, or directly with Kantika de Amor. Hope this helps.

Karin

Hey now people. Give me a break. My mother worked very hard so folks wouldn't call me Trashy!! :D

ps We took the ship excursion water taxi to no name beach. We thought it was well worth the small fee. The drop off to the ocean floor is very steep and sudden, but it is a really nice place to be. Yes it is a bit primitive as there are no toilets, etc. Just be prepared and you will have a great time. There are some small trees there that give some shade in the heat of the day.

Thanks all for the info, and Kakalina since we will be on the same cruise, I would NEVER call you "trashy", you might just be able to take me!

This beach sounds as though it wopuld work out well for what s/o and I are looking for. I think it is four hours on the beach through HAL's excursion!

Archived