Legend Review 2/12/2007

pinkbugs471

:D Just returned from the Legend, 2/12 cruise. Man, what a great vacation...

We flew in the day before,stayed at the Comfort Suites near the port. room was ok, not the best, but not the worst. It was close to the port, and that is all that mattered to us. Got up the morning of the 12th to a gloomy rainy day, but the Legend was still waiting for me, so my day was Sunny!! we left the hotel at about 11am, and was having lunch on the Lido deck shortly after 12. There were lines, but everything kept moving along smoothly.

Rooms were ready by 1pm. Met Eka our room stewardress.She did a ok job of keeping our room tidy. She offered to open the mini bar, brought us extra hangers. Had a extended balcony room,6255. Lots of closet space, lots of room for storage. Very nice. Not a lot of noise, easy to get to everywhere on the ship. Wandered around the ship to find out where everything was. I have herd so many complaints about the "urns" that I was ready to dislike the ship. Not so. I agree that the urns are everywhere, but I kind of liked them. The ship was beautiful Very clean.

We chose the first seating for dinner 5:45. Truffles was great. We had the best waitstaff. Our head wairess Chi-Chi (from Turkey) and her assistant Atmajal (from ?) were so nice. They did everything to make our meals wonderful. (I cried on the last night):( On the first night when I asked for some gluten free bread ( I have Celiacs Sprue) I was truley amazed at how great Chi Chi and the rest of the staff teated me. Every night after dinner, I was shown the menu for the following day. I told them what I would like, and it was prepared for me, gluten free. I had hot bread every time I was in the dining room. warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert, pasta, even stuffing in my roast quail. I really appricated the fact that Carnival treated me like a "queen " in the dining room.

We went to the Golden Fleece on Valentines day. WOW WOW WOW. It was wonderful. well worth the $30 pp. make sure you leave plenty of time for dinner when you go. I think we were there close to 2 hours.

We went to several of the shows. There were 2 different adult comics They were both very good. Do not miss Glenn Miller. He has a comedy/hypnosis show. Very funny. My DH was part of the show. I never laughed so hard.!!

In St. Maarten , we did the See &Seatour through Carnival. It was a lot of fun. It was great seeing all the marine life on the coral reef. I really enjoyed the sub.

On St Lucia we booked a private tour with Cousol. That was a blast. 5 + hours in an air conditioned van. We went from top to bottom, side to side

of the island. Saw everything I think there was. Banana plantation, flower gardens, waterfall, volcano. Had samples of local food, and took photos of some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. well worth $45 pp.

St. Kitts. I am sure in a few years, it will be a great port of call. right now it is not. Many of the stores are still under construction, so there is little shopping. We booked the Scenic rail tour through Carnival $99 pp. I was not at all happy with this tour. The people of St. Kitts were trying very hard to show you , and tell you about their home. The biggest problem was that for the most part the train traveled through junk yards, and sugar cane fields. There were a few spots that were great for photos. All of the people, both children and adults waved as the train passed. I don't remember how long we were on the train, but it was too long. Not worth $99pp. Save your money.

All in all it was a great cruise. Yes the ship rocked more than seemed normal, but that was the only bad thing I found. All the staff always had a smile on their faces, and a great attitude. I was sad to have to come home.

Now the countdown begins for the Glory in 2008

I will be on the legend in three weeks time. Glad your cruise was the best. Curious about the comedians and the piano bar. I have seen from other reviews that happy and david sayh were the comedians on board. I was hoping that maybe some new talent would get on in st. martin. it seems to be a port where they fly in some top entertainment. On previous carnival cruises we have had micheal macy on st martin night and some outrageous rock bands just for that night in a lounge. did you see any shows like that? did you make it to the piano bar? was there a rockin phillipino band in satchmos? Thanks for any info...:)

kim:cool:

I will be on the legend in three weeks time. Glad your cruise was the best. Curious about the comedians and the piano bar. I have seen from other reviews that happy and david sayh were the comedians on board. I was hoping that maybe some new talent would get on in st. martin. it seems to be a port where they fly in some top entertainment. On previous carnival cruises we have had micheal macy on st martin night and some outrageous rock bands just for that night in a lounge. did you see any shows like that? did you make it to the piano bar? was there a rockin phillipino band in satchmos? Thanks for any info...:)

I was on the same cruise and found the hypnotist show slow and boring- 2 dozen people on stage and after 45 minutes of hearing " your going deeper and deeper" and 4 people left on stage- we got up and left. I didn't see any of the comedians. Music Moon was the band in Satchmo's, Garth was ok, not the best pianoman I've seen, but still fun.The best show all week was Christopher Alan Graves 'Singin with the big bands'. The last time I saw a good rock band on a ship was the Imagination over Memorial Day weekend. I think CCL knows and plans for cruises that will have a large number of 20-30 yr olds. I had to turn on the map channel to listen to Led Zep and Nirvana LOL

I had Chi-Chi and Atmajal for my wait team as well, on the Nov 16 sailing. Chi-Chi has to be the happiest person I've ever met, she truly enhanced the dining experience and is a real pet. Carnival has a gem with her, she's the only one I mentioned by name on my comment card.

Was on the legend cruise of 2/12/07

Ship is in great shapefood was great.

Garth was just ok the Phillipino band in Satchmos is still there and were great

Alan Grave got on in St Maarten and put on a good show Singing with the big bands

Comedian was good cannot remember his name

all in all a great cruise

Papa

http://imageevent.com/papanh for photos of cruise

Archived