HAL Gift Cards for Sodas and Wine etc.

IKE

Wine cards (and soda cards) can be purchased any time on the cruise. The wine stewards and bartenders are more than happy to sell them. Drink up though, the front desk told me any unused portion would probably not be able to be used on a subsequent cruise. Maybe the cards change color from ship to ship and cruise to cruise?

Wine cards (and soda cards) can be purchased any time on the cruise. The wine stewards and bartenders are more than happy to sell them. Drink up though, the front desk told me any unused portion would probably not be able to be used on a subsequent cruise. Maybe the cards change color from ship to ship and cruise to cruise?

Hmmmmmmm....I have a left over 20 glass wine card...with two glasses remaining...in my passport holder...ready to go. Oh well. Small price to pay!

Here's my take on the wine/drink cards after just getting off NOORDAM.

Think before you buy.

Because they're relatively new, there's still some confusion among crew and pax about what you get and I saw several instances where pax thought they were entitled to more than what was offered.

If you're a casual drinker who doesn't care about vintages or brands f booze, they're a fairly good deal.

If you're not, then you just might want to buy drinks on your own.

A truly decent deal is the ten percent off that you get for attending the wine tasting. That saved me several hundred bucks on wine.

Another idea is to order a bottle and have it delivered to the bar that you frequent. My wife went through 3 of those at $26 plus the 15% minus 10 percent discount. She'd get about 6 glasses per bottle over 11 days.

Another idea is to order a bottle and have it delivered to the bar that you frequent. My wife went through 3 of those at $26 plus the 15% minus 10 percent discount. She'd get about 6 glasses per bottle over 11 days.

Was that $26 per bottle or $26 for all three bottles? If the later, that was a good deal!

Archived