Scholarship at Sea - Coral Princess - What is it?

pa6860

This sounds pretty interesting and I was wondering if anyone could give me any more info on this.

What courses do they offer, and how much does it cost? How "intensive" vs. "too basic" are the courses? Would you recommend them?

Thanks!

When we were on the Coral 2003, my husband took the taking better pictures with the digital camera course. I think it was $5-10 included a book. They sell the book in the camera dept. and the person just went over the book. Alot of passengers went to that course.

He also took the computer digital camera courses,.There were $25 ea.and there were in different levels. They used a program that he has and he said he learned alot from it. They also had wheel pottery ($), computer (I think some were free, others $), digital camera ($), still camera ($), cooking demo (free). You receive information in your cabin when you arrive and they tell you where to sign up. Most are offered on sea days and some are offered a couple of times.

I've taken a couple of the computer classes, one on using photo editing software and more recently, on PowerPoint. For me, they were very much worth it. I was the only person taking the photo editing software class so I had a private lesson that moved at my pace. For PowerPoint, there were only two of us so we were able to move right along and learn some of the advanced features.

On a recent Sapphire cruise my 10 year old son and my sister took the photo editing class. They took all three parts, for a total of $75, and my son had a great time and learned quite a bit. For one section they were the only ones in the class and had the instructor's undivided attention. For us it was well worth the cost.

Archived