Maasdam - Canada/NE - 9/8/07 - Is the price likely to drop?

ccflyer

I am interested in the Maasdam Canada/New England cruise from Montreal September 8. The lowest priced cabin on HAL's site is $1,394. Cruise.com has an inside for $1,266. I could probably save a few more bucks at *****.com.

I'm hoping that one of you has experience from past years. Are these Canada/NE itineraries in early September extremely popular and likely to sell out? Or is this too early in the fall color season and prices are likely to fall as the date becomes closer?

I don't really care about the category of cabin, but I would like to pay $850 or less. I can book the air now using AA miles, but probably will not be able to get the air using miles after May. I am debating booking the air now on the chance that the cruise price will drop. If I do so, and cancel the air later, it will cost $120 to redeposit the miles.

Thanks for any help.

You are more likely to see the Canada/New England prices rise rather than drop. Maasdam sails full each cruise. That is a very popular itinerary and we take it every year. We are booked again for b-to-b's in June and again in August and each time we're aboard, crew tells us time and again the ship goes out full.

If you see a date and cabin you like, I highly suggest you book it now.

It's a GREAT cruise on a beautiful ship with a fabulous crew.

Early September should be beautiful aboard. Or course, there are no weather guarantees but that is a nice time of year in Boston.

We can't get enough of that itinerary/cruise/ship.

Not only will it NOT DROP in price I would venture to say that within 60 days you will see that it is also sold out. That is one itinerary that always sells quickly. This is the type of cruise it is best to book at least a year in advance for best pricing.

Hi,

I have to agree with everyone - it is a great itinerary, but it sells out every year and prices rise instead of drop. If you want to go on the cruise, book your cabin now when prices are reasonable and space is available. Then, you will know that you have a good price. If a lower price comes up later, then your travel consultant can have the promotional rate/discount applied to your booking in most cases.

Best Regards,

Julia

Archived