OT Last Post Column on First Page

Blackrobe

Can anyone explain to me why there is the massive "Last Post" column on the first page for the boards which is pretty much meaningless and all of the board headings/topics are crammed into the column on the left? This seems to be a really ignorant design but I may be missing something and I would like to be enlightened.

Can anyone explain to me why there is the massive "Last Post" column on the first page for the boards which is pretty much meaningless and all of the board headings/topics are crammed into the column on the left? This seems to be a really ignorant design but I may be missing something and I would like to be enlightened.
Blackrobe - I'm not sure what you mean...my columns come up just fine. My "Last Post" column is about a third of the size of the "Thread/Topic" column.

By the way , OT means off-topic.

Love your posts Derf!

PeabodyNVL - Yes, the "Last Post" column is about one third of the width of the page right in the middle of the page. My point is that the "Last Post", which is meaningless, is given so much space while the more important "Forum" topics are clustered and crammed in a space that is too small for the information being displayed.

Just a curiosity about which I thought I would get the thoughts of others.

I agree that the "Last Post" column could be narrower but I bet it's this width to take into account member usernames. The column itself isn't meaningless -- I use it all the time.

One thing I'd love to see is the original post date. There certainly is enough room next to the username.

Works ok for me, I agree it would be nice if the areas were more readable but I do like the ports being out in the open rather than on the old system where you hd to drill down into them.

Love your posts Derf!

PeabodyNVL - Yes, the "Last Post" column is about one third of the width of the page right in the middle of the page. My point is that the "Last Post", which is meaningless, is given so much space while the more important "Forum" topics are clustered and crammed in a space that is too small for the information being displayed.

Just a curiosity about which I thought I would get the thoughts of others.

Do you read your posts in threaded format? On my screen, the thread subjects are not crammed...only one thread subject goes to two lines. The rest fit in the space allowed, normally. My "Last Post" is not in the middle of the page, but to the right. I think some people's screens may be displaying differently.

Archived