Reduced/Changes in onboard credits

C 2 C

It is my understanding that Celebrity has started a new program with new amounts for OBC. It will be based on the price of your cruise, not including taxes.

Under $2000 = $50 OBC per stateroom

$3499 = $100

$5499 = $150

$6999 = $200

over $6999 = $300

Minimum Deposit required. No refunds. You have 3 years to use it or lose it, One name change only, no TBA's allowed, and full deposit due when you pick ship & sail date.

It is my understanding that Celebrity has started a new program with new amounts for OBC. It will be based on the price of your cruise, not including taxes.

Under $2000 = $50 OBC per stateroom

$3499 = $100

$5499 = $150

$6999 = $200

over $6999 = $300

Minimum Deposit required. No refunds. You have 3 years to use it or lose it, One name change only, no TBA's allowed, and full deposit due when you pick ship & sail date.

Are the booking $ amounts per person or per cabin?

Is there a deposit required, or is nothing required until you actually book?

I was told today by Capts Club that their will be a minimum deposit of ($100/pp?) that in non refundable. Also she told me that the booking amounts were per cabin (two people), but the OBC amount for per cabin.

So let me see if I understand this. You are on the cruise ship and there are not nearly enough catalogs or lists of upcoming cruises to go around. You wait around for an hour to speak to the agent. The computer is slow and the printer is not working. There is a line of people behind you. You are lucky if you can get a price for one cruise, let alone a few cruises and dates. The computer is slow (did I say that already?) so forget about finding out what cabins are really available or comparing the prices on different cruises. You have to come back and wait another hour because you have to be sure of you date - if you make a reservation and change the cruise date you lose the measley credit. NO THANK YOU!

It would be easier if they just let us at a computer to look up the itineraries, prices, cabin availability, THEN, talk to the future booking agent!

Hi,

We just came off of the Constellation on April 2nd. While onboard we booked a future cruise.

The booking $ are total dollar amounts for the cabin (and perhaps air, hotels, etc booked through Celebrity, although I am not sure of this), not per person. If you book a CC class cabin the deposit is $900.00. If you book a FV class cabin the deposit is $2250.00, with a minmum of five people to book it onboard. Not sure what the deposit amounts are for the other Categories and the Suites, but probably the same as before as the C.C. and the FV are the same as before.

There is also another way to hold an open booking for a future cruise to be named by you at a later date. It's deposit is $100.00 and you get a placeholder voucher. When you book your future cruise you will get the full OBC based once again on the total cost of your cabin by using the reservation number provided on the voucher. When you book you will pay your deposit at that time.

THe OBC is as stated above, $50 - $300.

It would be easier if they just let us at a computer to look up the itineraries, prices, cabin availability, THEN, talk to the future booking agent!

You can do that while on board. Just log into the Celebrity website (no charge) and check itineraries.

Hi,

We just came off of the Constellation on April 2nd. While onboard we booked a future cruise.

The booking $ are total dollar amounts for the cabin (and perhaps air, hotels, etc booked through Celebrity, although I am not sure of this), not per person. ....

I was told by a Celebrity agent that the dollar amount for OBC is for cabin only. Air, hotel, etc. do not count.

Gerry

Just wondering what else Celebrity is going to take away?

I wonder what they will do with the OBC for shareholders? I don't understand why they are doing this! Their prices are continuing to go up, and their benefits, especially to their loyal customers, are going down!

Celebrity....what are you thinking????

We cruise twice a year and I booked 3 cruises last November for this year with X. With getting at least $200 OBC for each cruise I didn't mind to put up $2700 deposits ( REFUNDABLE!). One of those booked cruises I had to cancel . So I got the deposit back. Now, according to the new rules, even the deposit is $100p.p., if you are changing your plans, you will loose $200. That will not work for me. No more on board booking. Hope they will not start to fool around with shareholders benefits.

I did this as it was far easier and it allowed me to look at costing and room availibility etc. No charge to go on to their web site. Costing were in $ of course but no problem.

Yes the OBC has gone down but the deposit situation is only bringing it into line with what we have always had. i.e lost deposit if booking changed or cancelled.

Sue

Archived