first timer...?? Claudia or Jan

paginqueen

The two of you sound like "pros". We have never cruised before and are both a little nervous and excited about our upcoming cruise. We are on the Insignia..May 3rd...Barcelona to Venice, and I have a few questions after reading some posts here and some other boards.

1.Are tennis shoes unexceptable for all the walking in the ports? With all the walking, this is what is most comfortable for me.

2. Are slacks acceptable in the churches on this itenarary or is it a must to wear a dress or skirt? I know sleeveless is a "no-no".

3. Can shorts be worn to ports such as Corfu or Capri?

4. Lastly....will the water temps at this time of year be too cold to go swimming?

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give. We have also registered for the "cocktail party". Goodness....only 8 more days!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paginqueen:

The two of you sound like "pros". We have never cruised before and are both a little nervous and excited about our upcoming cruise. We are on the Insignia..May 3rd...Barcelona to Venice, and I have a few questions after reading some posts here and some other boards.

1.Are tennis shoes unexceptable for all the walking in the ports? With all the walking, this is what is most comfortable for me.

2. Are slacks acceptable in the churches on this itenarary or is it a must to wear a dress or skirt? I know sleeveless is a "no-no".

4. Lastly....will the water temps at this time of year be too cold to go swimming?

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give. We have also registered for the "cocktail party". Goodness....only 8 more days!!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, Jan is the travel agent pro.. I just like the ship ;-)

Yes you can wear tennis shoes in ports.. wear whatever is the most comfortable that goes for your clothes too.

I will be on your cruise.. will meet you at the party. Who are you ( name?)

Only 8 days......starting getting out lots of capris and then thought better check what kind of weather we will have..

If you go to http://www.weather.com

and put in the cities (port) you can find out what the approx. temps will be.. it only gives for the next 10 days.. but if you see rain.. throw in rain gear ;-)

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

Thanks for any help you or anyone else can give. We have also registered for the "cocktail party". Goodness....only 8 more days!!!!!!

Yes tennis shoes are acceptable anywhere you go

Slacks are acceptable in churches

You will see many Americans in shorts in warm weather places

The water is too cold for me..but if you are used to cold water..I dipped my feet and ran out last time I was there..

Jan

Claudia and Jan,

Thanks so much for the replies. Our tennis shoes are ready for packing!

Our names are Judy and Kenny. We look forward to meeting you. Bummer about the rain. I have bookmarked the weather page and will check it out again on Friday or Saturday.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paginqueen:

Claudia and Jan,

Thanks so much for the replies. Our tennis shoes are ready for packing!

Our names are Judy and Kenny. We look forward to meeting you. Bummer about the rain. I have bookmarked the weather page and will check it out again on Friday or Saturday.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See ya in Barcelona! Have a safe flight!

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

Archived