Water?

North Pole

I had heard that the water in your rooms are not safe for drinking. Go to the Dining rooms for water or the bar area....I was told that the water in your bathrooms do not go through the vigorous purification processs as the "drinking" water. I have never bought water on any of cruises and did drink loads of water from the water service and thought it was just as good as my water at home......By the way, I think Hollands water is more of a reverse osmosis than Princess......I am a water buffalo and am very picking on the water that I drink.

:rolleyes:

The water in your stateroom's bathroom is perfectly safe to drink, and goes through the same treatment process as the drinking water supplied to the rest of the ship. It usually does taste pretty good too!

Modern cruise ships have both evaporators and desalinators ("reverse osmosis") systems to produce drinking water. If a ship is spending a lot of time in ports and not much time going between ports, it may take water onboard when docked. In this case, the water is treated to ensure it conforms to both safety and taste standards.

I had heard that the water in your rooms are not safe for drinking. Go to the Dining rooms for water or the bar area....I was told that the water in your bathrooms do not go through the vigorous purification processs as the "drinking" water.

Where did you hear this? All of the drinking water on HAL ships comes from the same tanks - bars, dining rooms and cabins - I've seen them.

We've always enjoyed the ship's water with no problems. We did meet a couple from Canada and the husband's hands and feet had become quite swollen during our recent 10 day cruise. He seemed to think it might have had something to do with the ships water or something about the amount of salt present, post desalination (sp?). I guess he was particularly sensitive to salt content in water/food items.

I did notice on our Oosterdam cruise last April, that the water was extremely soft. When taking a shower or even washing my hands, a tiny bit of soap produced a huge amount of lather. When I rinsed off, my whole body had that slippery feel that soft water gives.

I guess when we were on Princess last year and Holland 2 & 3 years ago, I may have miss heard about the water in your room.....I did hear it from one of the talks somewhere......My apologies for misinformation, sorry! Although glad to hear I can drink the water from my room because then i don't have to run to the bar area for my evening meds.....Thanks for the re-correction, always glad to have this board.

Archived