Washing Clothes And Wine

saints25

We Are In A Penthouse Suite On The Sun- How Much Does It Cost To Have Clothes Washed (wash And Fold- Not Dry Cleaned). Also Is The Corkage Fee Higher For A 1.5 Liter Bottle Of Wine?

Whew!!! I was going to STRONGLY recommend that you NOT wash your clothes and wine together! ;)

I think sometimes, about mid-cruise, most cruiselines offer a special on laundry...like a flat rate for a whole bag? So probably would want to wait for that opportunity?

I'm going on the STAR next week - do they normally offer this on all cruises?

We Are In A Penthouse Suite On The Sun- How Much Does It Cost To Have Clothes Washed (wash And Fold- Not Dry Cleaned). Also Is The Corkage Fee Higher For A 1.5 Liter Bottle Of Wine?

Golly, I thought this post was going to be about doing your laundry while enjoying a glass of Merlot.

I am guessing a 1.5 liter bottel would be the same; it was on HAL a few months ago, but don't spill it on the clean clothes.

NMnita

I think sometimes, about mid-cruise, most cruiselines offer a special on laundry...like a flat rate for a whole bag? So probably would want to wait for that opportunity?
On the Sun as well as one other sailing they offered a bag of laundry laundered for $20.00. The bag looked small, but you would be surprised how much we stuffed into it. I would do it again in a second.

NMNita

Electricron has posted the laundry list many times. Please do a search at this site for self serve laundrys or laundry service.

I didn't think that you could bring wine or liquor aboard the Norwegian Dawn. We are sailing outof NYC and it was our impression from reading other threads that any alcohol would be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

What's the correct answer?

Gail

I didn't think that you could bring wine or liquor aboard the Norwegian Dawn. We are sailing outof NYC and it was our impression from reading other threads that any alcohol would be confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

What's the correct answer?

Gail

Wine? Yes; they will charge you a $15 per bottle corkage fee no matter where on the ship you intend to consume it. (They say "$15 per 750 ml bottle," but most people report that the 1.5 l bottles are only charged one $15 fee.) Keep you receipt in case you decide to take it to the dining room or restaurant because I've heard that they sometimes want to charge you again if you can't prove you already paid the fee.

Hard liquor? No; if they find it, they will hold it until the last night of the cruise. They don't go through your checked bags by hand, but they do x-ray and then pull bags that have "suspicious" items. You would get a note telling you to come to the "naughty" room, where you'd be asked to open your bag and show them the contents. If you have water or anything like that in your bag, they will usually inspect the seal to make sure you haven't emptied the water and refilled with "alternate" beverages. Members often report on their interesting "smuggling" techniques, which sometimes work and sometimes don't.

beachchick

Thanks so much for your reply Beachchick! There have been times we've gotten onboard at European and Mexican ports and managed. We've never cruised NCL and I really apprecaite your advise.

Gail:)

Archived