Glory - 3/10 sailing - ship time and daylight savings?

phlydude

Having a little worry here about the upcoming daylight savings time change for 2 AM on 3/11...:confused:

First off, does anyone know what time Carnival uses for ship time on the Glory Western Itinerary? Eastern, Atlantic, Central?

Secondly, how is Daylight Savings handled on the ship? Is it done like normal, in advance, when you get back?

I'm confused...and I guess I'm trying to figure out how much time I will have when I get back into port to take care of some things in Orlando before flying (family, shopping at Disney, etc)

Any help is appreciated!

Having a little worry here about the upcoming daylight savings time change for 2 AM on 3/11...:confused:

First off, does anyone know what time Carnival uses for ship time on the Glory Western Itinerary? Eastern, Atlantic, Central?

Secondly, how is Daylight Savings handled on the ship? Is it done like normal, in advance, when you get back?

Good question! I was on Ecstasy back in late October for THAT time change, but we drove in and didn't have to worry about flight times. Come to think of it, i don't know HOW the ship handled the time change because we never used a clock, but i can't remember if i changed my watch or not. I am cruising on Splendour of the Seas next week and didn't think about the time change coming early this year and how they handle it on the ship. I'm going to just call RCCI and ask them. Call Carnival and ask them, maybe they will know! Good luck!

Sheri

Good question? My Fiancee and I are getting married the 10th on Glory. If time changes at 2am on the 11th it shouldn't really matter since we are boarding on the 10th. Florida observes the time changes so I would assume the ships and ports do as well. If your really worried call 1-888-CARNIVAL and ask.

Scott

I'm not worried about flights (my flight leaves @ 3 PM) but there is family a few miles from the airport that we wanted to see before heading to the airport and my wife wanted something from Basin in Downtown Disney.

Congrats on the wedding! Maybe we'll see you on board.

Good question! I was on Ecstasy back in late October for THAT time change, but we drove in and didn't have to worry about flight times. Come to think of it, i don't know HOW the ship handled the time change because we never used a clock, but i can't remember if i changed my watch or not. I am cruising on Splendour of the Seas next week and didn't think about the time change coming early this year and how they handle it on the ship. I'm going to just call RCCI and ask them. Call Carnival and ask them, maybe they will know! Good luck!

Sheri

LOL! I'm the same way! We cruised in 2005 during the time change and I have NO CLUE how they handled it, LOL! Never really bothered with the clock... I vaguely recall remembering the time change, but not sure... I do know that when we docked in Miami, the new time was definitely being observed...

Archived