NCL Star: No Acapulco on 3/1 or 3/9?

airlinerob

I just received word from my travel agent that they were advised by NCL that they will not be going to Acapulco on the 3/1 or 3/9 cruise due to engine troubles??

Does that mean an additional day at sea or does that mean an additional port / extended time in a port?

YOURTRAVEL AGENT SHOULD HAVE THIS INFORMATION

2 days at sea -

MANZANILLO- PUERTO VALLARTA - MAZATLAN - CABO SAN LUCAS - DAY AT SEA - LOS ANGELES

The ship did not go to Acapulco today.

They had the following revised itinerary...

"Norwegian Star" 8-day

Date Port Arr. Dep.

======================

1 Los Angeles

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 Manzanillo 1000 1800

5 Puerto Vallarta 0700 1800

6 Mazatlan 0800 1800

7 Cabo San Lucas 0700 1500

8 At Sea

9 Los Angeles 0900

I'm assuming the NCL star leaving on 3/6 will have the same itinerary.

Someone said they are giving $100 credits - is that to your cruise charges, do you get a $100 per room credit, or is it towards a future cruise?

I wouldn't mind if it is a room credit to use towards expenses....

I wonder if they give it per person or per cabin?

The ship did not go to Acapulco today.

They had the following revised itinerary...

"Norwegian Star" 8-day

Date Port Arr. Dep.

======================

1 Los Angeles

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 Manzanillo 1000 1800

5 Puerto Vallarta 0700 1800

6 Mazatlan 0800 1800

7 Cabo San Lucas 0700 1500

8 At Sea

9 Los Angeles 0900

I'm assuming the NCL star leaving on 3/6 will have the same itinerary.

You are correct. If you checked out our 3/6 roll call you would have found this out without too much trouble.

Sounds like the same problem we had on the Star last year, only they ran the "altered" itinerary for more that 2 months before she could slip into drydock. We we on the last sailing before drydock last year (Mar 1-9) so I find this comical. It's almost like deja-vu.

We received a $100 onboard credit and that was it. Consider yourself lucky that they are offering credits on future cruises, we weren't.

Manzanillo is a weak port, not set up really for the ships.

Mazatlan was a very nice treat and actually prefered that port to the other three ports - it would have been noce to see Zihuatinao/Ixtapa, but that's an excuse for another cruise!

Good luck! Don't let it get your cruise down - unless you are on one of the cruises that they are going to have to cancel before she comes North for Alaska in 7 weeks!

I could be wrong but the Star shows that it is in Acapulco tody. Here is a link. http://www.cruisecal.com/dnn3/

That site is so outdated - they haven't even updated the site with the changed itineraries for the Sun in October - these have been known for more than 2 months now. So, I doubt it will be correct with sudden itinerary changes like this.

Just trying to be helpful, did not know the site was outdated. How foolish of me. Oh well have fun on your cruise hopefully any problems will be fixed by the time we board the star March 30th. The ships web cam is the same on both ncl site and the link I posted.

Just trying to be helpful, did not know the site was outdated. How foolish of me. Oh well have fun on your cruise hopefully any problems will be fixed by the time we board the star March 30th. The ships web cam is the same on both ncl site and the link I posted.

Didn't mean to direct it at you. You were being helpful.

It just bugs me when websites are not updated in a timely manner.

Hi Mousey! I will check out the roll call; we will have our 13-year-old daughter with us. My business partner and husband are bringing their 18-year-old son.

Can't wait! I sailed on the Star a couple of years ago and LOVED it. I do hope they have the engine issues worked out by then; I wouldn't mind missing Acapulco, but I do want to get to Zihua/Ixtapa...didn't get off the ship in that port last time and I regret it.

I'm with you. I wouldn't mind skipping Acapulco, and would like to check out Zihua/Ixtapa. Someone on this thread said Manzanillo is not very interesting. Do you know anything about it.

To the person that sent me to the Roll Call board. I know about it, but whenever I'm on a thread and someone mentions they are going on the same cruise as me I like to chat with them. Maybe they don't know about Roll Call and I can turn them on to it. So, sorry!:D

Just off the phone...

There is a change for THE CURRENT sailing only

No future sailings have any confirmed changes at this time

NCL will notify each passanger if there is a change

on any future sail dates

AND - anyone know what time Latitudes priority check in begins? :p

I just got an email from NCL. No Accapulco, being replaced with Manzanillo, due to engine problems.

Was offered a 100.00 obc or the option of rebooking.

Did they e-mail you directly?

How would I find out? Through my travel agent?

Going to the Mexican Riviera and not going to Acapulco is kind of like going to Nevada and not going to Vegas, or saying you went to New York and didn't see New York city...They use Acapulco, as one of the main attractions, to advertise for the cruise, wonder why this happens every year? I bet it cost the port a chunk of change, I know it cost poor old Rosie!

You are correct. If you checked out our 3/6 roll call you would have found this out without too much trouble.

Such tone.

Too bad it's going to Mazatlan instead of Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, too. We're taking this cruise in December, so I'll be doing some research on possible alternate ports so we don't get caught without a clue.

Going to the Mexican Riviera and not going to Acapulco is kind of like going to Nevada and not going to Vegas, or saying you went to New York and didn't see New York city...They use Acapulco, as one of the main attractions, to advertise for the cruise, wonder why this happens every year? I bet it cost the port a chunk of change, I know it cost poor old Rosie!

The best description I've seen of Acapulco went something like this: "A fading starlet, a bit brassy and blowzy now, but still with the power to charm."

Sailing into Acapulco predawn on a Panama Canal cruise is one of my favorite at-sea memories. I was out walking on the promenade deck and I will never forget the beauty of the lights of the city spread out on the hills. There -are- cool things to see and do there, but you have to do your homework ahead of time. It's a big city, and a lot of it simply isn't of much interest to tourists.

In contrast, I thought Manzanillo was quite horrible...an ugly commercial port with no charm...but I know others have had a great time there. So I assume I just didn't discover the places of interest and will do more homework next time.

How would I find out? Through my travel agent?

Robert, yes, your travel agent would receive the information from NCL to relay to you. TAs can also access all itinerary changes on NCL's TA website. And yep, Acapulco was cancelled again, with the same itinerary changes and OBC offer, or offer to cancel and rebook.

When exactly can they FIX this, I wonder? :confused: Is it something that they need to do with the ship offline?

OK, stupid question time. mattR recommended looking at the web cam to see where the ship is. This morning it is docked somewhere but I have never been to Mexico before so how do I know what port I am looking at? Like I said, stupid question but inquiring minds want to know.

I think it is at Cabo San Lucas, a tendering port, and you are looking at some of the big hotels east of downtown. The ship will leave about 4pm, tomorrow will be a sea day and be back at LA on Tuesday.

Rick

Archived