NCL Star: No Acapulco on 3/1 or 3/9?

airlinerob

I just received word from my travel agent that they were advised by NCL that they will not be going to Acapulco on the 3/1 or 3/9 cruise due to engine troubles??

Does that mean an additional day at sea or does that mean an additional port / extended time in a port?

I just received word from my travel agent that they were advised by NCL that they will not be going to Acapulco on the 3/1 or 3/9 cruise due to engine troubles??

Does that mean an additional day at sea or does that mean an additional port / extended time in a port?

Oh my, is it the dreaded Azipod problem?

Oh my, is it the dreaded Azipod problem?

I don't know. I am getting conflicting stories about this. I called one person at NCL who said that it is NOT docking in Acapulco due to engine difficulties - but they had no information on what would be replaced (if anything).

I called back again, and they said they had no information about Acapulco being skipped.

I don't know. I am getting conflicting stories about this. I called one person at NCL who said that it is NOT docking in Acapulco due to engine difficulties - but they had no information on what would be replaced (if anything).

I called back again, and they said they had no information about Acapulco being skipped.

Last year, the Star had some problems so had an extended revised itinerary. Instead of Acapulco they went to Manzanillo (sp?). I'll be watching with interest since we are on the 4-15-07 cruise.

NCL lists it as an itinerary change for the 2/26 sailing; they will be going to Manzanillo instead of Acapulco on this sailing. They are offering a $50 per person (maximum $100 per stateroom) shipboard credit on the sailing and they offered a future cruise credit to those who did NOT want to sail due to the missed port and other changes. Future cruise credit has to be used by 12/31/07.

They also revised the itinerary considerably for this sailing. Puerto Vallarta will be on Friday, they are not doing Zihua/Ixtapa, and on Saturday will be in Mazatlan. The Cabo stop remains unchanged.

As for the next sailing, it is not yet listed as being changed, but I suppose it is a possibility. I'm on the 4/7 sailing so will be interested to see how this develops.

I feel very lucky! We just got off of the Star. We were on the Feb.18th cruise. There were engine problems and we arrived in Long Beach 3 hours late but we got to go to all of the ports. Only two engines were working on the last leg of the trip. I was wondering what was going to happen to the next cruise. That's too bad. :(

Just a heads up for those on the next Star sailing.

This info was on the Mexican Reviera board.

I already got confirmation from the port agent the Star will not call Acapulco March 01 and 09th. You can check online with the bridge cam to find out where the ship is calling. This is this week's itinerary;

This was posted by someone who works for the Port Authority in Acapulco so would think he has the most reliable info out.

Wonder when they will get it fixed?

We leave March 6 on the STAR, NCL, says "No changes in itinerary", just now on the phone.:D

The sad thing is we keep getting different answers. One person at NCL told me yes, another told me no.

The guy who posts in the Mexican Riviera room that works in the Acapulco port says NCL told them they will not be coming in next week either....

I don't know - I guess we'll wait and find out!

Just a heads up for those on the next Star sailing.

This info was on the Mexican Reviera board.

I already got confirmation from the port agent the Star will not call Acapulco March 01 and 09th. You can check online with the bridge cam to find out where the ship is calling. This is this week's itinerary;

This was posted by someone who works for the Port Authority in Acapulco so would think he has the most reliable info out.

Wonder when they will get it fixed?

This information was confirmed by someone on the first call I made to NCL, and by my travel agent.

Then, I called back and they told me that no change is anticipated...

So, maybe they aren't sure yet?

If you read all of the boards, all of the cruise lines are having problems with their apizods. Celebrity even went so far as to sue the company that builds theirs.

Everyone loves them, the passengers for a smoother ride, the cruise lines for more fuel efficiency. Unfortuantely, they are large motors and bearings outside the hull instead of inside the hull. Which makes them difficult to repair while at sea.

It hasn't even been a year since they had the Star in dry dock for the azipod repairs, has it?

like almost exactly,, it was drydocked last march....

how sad huh ?

but manzanillo is nicer than acapulco in my opinion ,,

melissa

There are many lines as Don said having problems with the pods and/or engines: HAL also has cancelled entire sailing plus the problems with Celebrity. As for missing Acapulco I hope when we sail in Sept they choose to substitute another port. I am not excited about Acapulco. NMNita

This information was confirmed by someone on the first call I made to NCL, and by my travel agent.

Then, I called back and they told me that no change is anticipated...

So, maybe they aren't sure yet?

Those are the dates that it will be IN Acapulco.

Do we know why? Or if they will be canceling other ships? We're on the Pearl the end of April overnight there and I'm really looking forward to watching the Cliffdivers at night.

OK, stupid question time. mattR recommended looking at the web cam to see where the ship is. This morning it is docked somewhere but I have never been to Mexico before so how do I know what port I am looking at? Like I said, stupid question but inquiring minds want to know.

NCL has not told us what is the specific problem. If its inside hull they should be able to fix it soon, if the problem is outside it will probably mean a drydock. Since NCL has not scheduled a drydock as yet, or announced one, I would suspect the problem is inside the hull. Until NCL does say what is the problem, we really won't know.....

Just returned from the 2/18 sailing. Consider yourself lucky. You are getting a credit. We missed our flights and spent an extra night in LA. Acapulco was the weakest port. You'll have a great time in the other ports!

Archived