Sabatinis... can someone describe the place?

8mpg

While I know it does state that Sabatini's is open for lunch on sea days, it never has been on any of the cruises we've done. I was told they used to be but haven't been in a while and I'm not sure why Princess hasn't updated that in their booklets.

I agree with Willysgrandma and the other poster, food on the Crown was okay. Sabatini's was great as was the Crown Grill and well worth the extra money. If you don't want the sauces on the Lobster, do like me and ask for it on the side.

I don't care for the food for the most part in the main dining room, it's just not something special to me and worth 2 hours of my time. (That's mine and my husband's opinion, not everyone's so don't blast me for it.) We eat out a lot and have many fantastic restaurants here, so we just don't think the food is great.

On our 3/31 cruise we'll be eating in both the specialty restaurants again , maybe doing the Crown Grill twice and won't go into the main dining room at all. Between Cafe Caribe and pizza I'll be just as happy. Last cruise we ate in the main dining room once for dinner (lobster formal night) and dinner was okay and service was awful (anytime dining) so I'm just not going to bother repeating it.

Personally- thought they drug out many small items to make you think you were getting a ;ot.

Ruined the small lobster tails with some awful sauce. Would not go back.:mad:

Our party of two was very disappointed in Sabatini's on the Star in January. Many of the small dishes are quite ordinary (olives, artichoke hearts, pizza) and my Sea Bass would have been fine except the thick sauce on top of it. When my friend mentioned she didn't get any seafood in her small seafood pasta, the head waiter made fun of her ("Should I jump in the sea and find you some")instead of getting her another helping. That same person stood over us as we signed the bill, no doubt thinking that would inspire a tip.:mad:

I'll be enjoying the fine food in the dining room from now on.

Archived