Pride vs. Spirit

abolanowski

I am thinking about a Mex Riv cruise next Feb and was wondering about the pros and cons of these two ships. I have read reviews of each, but peoples' opinions are so variable, its hard to compare. Anyone out there been on both? I'd love to hear the differences. Thanks!

Same ship, different ports and one leaves out of Long Beach the other out of San Diego. Where are you coming from? If you have kids with you, The Spirit out of San Diego since you are close to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. If leaving out of Long Beach you are closer to Disneyland.

The Spirit is an 8 Day cruise while the Pride is a 7 dayer.

Fred

Have been on both and they are identical except for decor. Same layout and in my opinion the best of th carnival fleet. Easy to get from one place to the other.

Like Fred said depending on where you are coming from should help you determine.

I heard that the spirit is a non smoking ship. Hubby read this and chided me for booking on the Pride but he is leary of being on the boat for seven days. He is a new cruiser.....

Not sure where you got your info on the Spirit, but Carnival's only non-smoking ship was the Paradise...and I say "was" because it wasn't the big draw they thought it would be and the non-smoking policy on the Paradise is no more. There aren't any non-smoking ships in Carnival's fleet right now.

As for the comparisons of the Pride and Spirit? I have sailed the Pride and loved it. I will be sailing the Spirit this coming October and have only heard good things about her. I am looking forward to being able to give my thoughts on both ships.

Sailed on both ships and I prefer the decor on the Spirit better, not so dark. I would determine which ship you sail based on the ports and the embarkation port. San Diego is a great city so I would choose the Spirit just for that reason I guess. :) Oh yeah, and the 8 days vs. 7.

Archived