was anyone on the ship?

cruisekimmy

Hey i have just been wondering if there was any passengers on the triumph in the Hurricane Isabel??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carnival Jubilee

Carnival Celebration

Carnival Elation july18,04

CarnivalEcstasy 11-1-04

CarnivalElation 12-19-04

I wasn't on the ship but I live in Va where it made landfall. I will never forget the next morning when we went outside to see the damage firsthand. Looked like a war zone. Not quite like Andrew down in Homestead but it was quite devastating for our area.

Was that the hurricane that hit last November? I was on a cruise that left the next weekend. We were with a co-worker and his wife and some couples they knew. All of them live in Richmond (we live in Jax, FL) There was no way they were going to miss the cruise. Their house was without electricity when they left. It actually worked out well as they left the kids with the grandparents, whose house never lost electricity.

We weren't on the Triumph but were on the Legend at that time. Our itinerary was changed from the Eastern to Western Caribbean. On our way to the Caribbean we experienced very rough seas especially off Hatteras and activites were cancelled. Once in the Caribbean the weather was beautiful and seas calm but on our return trip we again ran into rough waters around the Hatteras area.

The Triumph was not on a Western Sailing the week in Sept that Isabel came through.I was in the Western that week,at waters were fine.So.maybe the photo is real.But it was not the Triumph,in the Western the week on or around Sept 14th.

We were not on Triumph, but were on Explorer. Isabel followed us westward across the Caribbean for 4 days. Each morning would start sunny, warm, and windy, but at some point during the day, the rain would start to catch up with us. By the time we left port, we usually had rain, wind, and some spectacular lightning shows, but as we traveled at night, we would pull ahead of the storm again. Seas were still very calm for almost the whole week though. It was actually a great experience. We did have to change itinerary and skip Cozumel and switch over to Nassau. In Nassau, there were 6-8 ships in port since so many had to change itineraries to avoid the storm.

Brian

Archived