table request

8mpg

Is there a way to request a table for 2 during evening dining? Going to Alaska in May and I have been told by many people that its usually the older crowd. My girlfriend and I are 22/23 so I think I would prefer a table for 2 instead of a group table. I like meeting new people but I just dont think we will have a ton in common with the other shipmates

Talk to your travel agent. I know my husband requested "large table: (darn him--he's far more social than I am:rolleyes: ) for our cruise. Depending on your ship and your seating, there might not be many 2-person tables available....If there aren't any 2-person tables available, you can always try to change your seating when you board the ship. Otherwise, I do recommend a larger table (8-10) because that way there are tons of people & conversations and you won't feel the burden of conversation is on you all the time, the way you might at a table for 4.

Are you doing anytime or traditional dinning? If you're willing to wait a few minutes and have anytime dinning, they will almost always grant your request (or so that's my experience!). Sometimes they will even seat you at a large table and not seat anyone else with you.

VB1

If you have "Personal Choice" dining, it's easy to get a table for two if you show up after 8:30 each night. We actually prefer sitting with other people, but when we would show up around that time or later, no one else was requesting to eat with other people. We ended up with a table for two every night.

On our Holland America cruise for Christmas 2005 we had an old couple at our table. She was in her 70s and he turned 80 on Christmas day. They were great tablemates. So old doesn't always equal boring.

Our worst tablemates ever were old and boring--but I bet they were boring when they were young, too.

Well I talked with my TA and shes awesome. She called up and put in a request. They said they would try but the best thing I could do it go to the MaitreD and make sure he got the request. They said it wont be a problem. We are on traditional dining 8:00 dinner.

If you have "Personal Choice" dining, it's easy to get a table for two if you show up after 8:30 each night. We actually prefer sitting with other people, but when we would show up around that time or later, no one else was requesting to eat with other people. We ended up with a table for two every night.

On our Holland America cruise for Christmas 2005 we had an old couple at our table. She was in her 70s and he turned 80 on Christmas day. They were great tablemates. So old doesn't always equal boring.

Our worst tablemates ever were old and boring--but I bet they were boring when they were young, too.

I guess maybe I worry to much. I love talking with older people because lots of them have so many stories and stuff they can tell but honestly I dont relate to them much. I love my friends grandparents because they are fun and I always hear great stories. They are part of my family

Archived