Travel Channel-Cruises Thurs no Poker

dkjretired

I agree. have seen the travel channel's cruises before but anything is better than Poker. it now appears on about 3-4 different channels during the daytime and nighttime. It has become overkill.

Marilyn

I agree. have seen the travel channel's cruises before but anything is better than Poker. it now appears on about 3-4 different channels during the daytime and nighttime. It has become overkill.

Marilyn

Why can't some of these channels spend a few bucks and give us something new? I am glad I will be out playing Bridge (no, not poker) tonight. I am tired of poker or repeats of everything. The ships we have seen time and time again, and I really don't care about haunted houses. The travel channel as well as some of the others used to offer decent programing. 6pm here: OReilly comes on (even a little tired of him) don't care to watch Sean, it's just a repeat of OReilly, of course we can go to A&E to watch the bounty hunter over and over or the E channel with Nicoles life being the feature. You get the picture. I guess I am just a crank today. NMNita

Why can't some of these channels spend a few bucks and give us something new? I am glad I will be out playing Bridge (no, not poker) tonight. I am tired of poker or repeats of everything. The ships we have seen time and time again, and I really don't care about haunted houses. The travel channel as well as some of the others used to offer decent programing. 6pm here: OReilly comes on (even a little tired of him) don't care to watch Sean, it's just a repeat of OReilly, of course we can go to A&E to watch the bounty hunter over and over or the E channel with Nicoles life being the feature. You get the picture. I guess I am just a crank today. NMNita

I had to laugh at your post. Now that is funny and I happen to agree with you. No you are not being a "crank" today. Sometimes their programing leaves much to be desired.

Marilyn

I had to laugh at your post. Now that is funny and I happen to agree with you. No you are not being a "crank" today. Sometimes their programing leaves much to be desired.

Marilyn

Thank god I like History, have a couple of History channels.

Thank god I like History, have a couple of History channels.

Now my husband would totally agree with you. The History Channel has some of the best programing around. Those shows called "Modern Marvels" are the best.

Marilyn

Marilyn

How many of you are old enough to remember when cable first came out? No commercials (that was the selling feature) decent movies, some great programs like "Brothers" etc. Then they added 250 chanels, no more commercial free TV and nothing much to watch. I think I would like to go back to the 70s with only regular networks; some good programs worth watching every week and an occassional special. I may be old, but I don't go to bed at 9pm because of that: I just would rather read. Oh my, guess I had better go pour a glass of wine and eat some dinner. Yes, I really am playing Bridge tonight.

NMnita

How many of you are old enough to remember when cable first came out? No commercials (that was the selling feature) decent movies, some great programs like "Brothers" etc. Then they added 250 chanels, no more commercial free TV and nothing much to watch. I think I would like to go back to the 70s with only regular networks; some good programs worth watching every week and an occassional special. I may be old, but I don't go to bed at 9pm because of that: I just would rather read. Oh my, guess I had better go pour a glass of wine and eat some dinner. Yes, I really am playing Bridge tonight.

NMnita

My most vivid reminder was my wife saying, "I'll never pay for television" I was reminded of that recently when son got a new car with Satellite Radio and guess what I heard.."I'll never pay for radio"

NMnita

I am one of those older people who remembered when cable came out. Now as for networks. We watch FOX for the Nascar races and boy oh boy do they advertise. Geeez it is something else.

marilyn

Archived