Advantage to pre-order wine cards???

SakeDad

I have done a search and read what people have posted but there has not been any REAL answer as to whether it's cheaper to buy the wine cards in advance or not? Also, do you give additional tip to bartender w/ card or is the 15% taking care of that. There were some posts that said the 15% wouldn't be charged and/or no sales tax if ordered in advance and delivered once at sea??? Is this still the case? Most of these postings were in late December when it first started with little follow-ups so I'm hoping to get answers from some of you that have sailed this month.

As always.....THANKS:)

I have done a search and read what people have posted but there has not been any REAL answer as to whether it's cheaper to buy the wine cards in advance or not?

I don't think the price is any different in-advance or on-board, and includes the 15% service charge in both cases. When we asked on-board the Veendam in mid December the wine stewardess didn't even seem to know what they were. For the next HAL cruise I have pre-ordered.

The price is the same if you have the card delivered after leaving port. Otherwise you pay sales tax when pre-ordering. The 15% service charge is charged either way. Very easy to order on board - in fact the cards were being aggressively pushed the first day or so.

I kept forgetting to order it on-line so bought one at one of the bars once we were onboard. They sell them everywhere....don't worry....if you haven't done it on-line, they're readily available on board. ;)

Archived