TP Library?

coconutpig

Trying to figure out how many books to pack....

Can a recent TP cruiser tell me about the library? What kind of selection is there? Are there newer books or is it pretty limited? Do you need to get there on the first day to get a decent book? How does the process work with borrowing a book?

Need some readers to recommend if it's worth taking a chance or if I should just bring along my own....

thank you!

Depends on your tastes. There were a lot of popular fiction books and other mainstream books as I recall. I brought my own books because that way I could guarantee I had something that I wanted to read.

I would think the smaller the ship, the smaller the library. On the Regal, the library was OK for a smallish ship (1600 pax-- still, nearly 3x TP size). The procedure for checking out a book was to sign it out, then back in. No one is there to check either way, it is the honor system. But that was the Regal, I haven't sailed the TP yet.

We were on the sister ship of the Tahitian, the Pacific Princess 2 and I thought the library was great. One of the best I have ever seen/ They had some updated books, very well rounded subjects/ You check out the book for as long as you like, just make sure you return it by end of cruise and they remind you toward the end of the cruise. Very easy. I noticed there were alot of travel books. Not knowing your tastes I cannot tell you if your likes or dislikes are there or not.

Marilyn

We're boarding the Pacific Princess on August 17th for 36 days. My husband and I are avid readers, so this means an extra case (because of baggage weight allowances) just for books. We've been told that the PP and the TP have very extensive libraries; more so than the other Princess ships. However, just to be on the safe side, we'll carry our own and donate them to Princess afterwards.

Arlene

Hi Coconutpig-

We are on the same cruise as you, so I am curious about the response as well. However, as I never get to read anymore and we are leaving our son behind, I will definitly be loaded with books, including some new titles. Don't know what you like, I know we both like waverunners from one of your previous posts! See ya on board!

Archived