Bathrobes on RCI?

Do they provide bathrobes for use in the cabin? On Princess, you could request one, but had to leave it or be charged for it. Even though it was just a flimsy one, it was still convenient not to have to pack one. I'm trying to pack the bare minimum for my upcoming cruise.

Well, robes aren't ALWAYS available! You certainly can ask for them, but unless you are in a suite, or a higher lever C&A member, it's not guaranteed. Hubby doesn't use one, and I bring my own--it's just more comfy! We have had them on a "hit or miss" basis!

Thanks...I'm just in a regular balcony cabin.

I was in a regular balcony cabin last week on NOS and asked the cabin steward for a robe when I met her on the first (also asked for one for my DD who was across the hall from us). She said she'd do her best. Went back to our cabin that night and, voila, robes!

Platinum and Diamond/Diamond Plus Crown and Anchor members and above are supposed to have robes placed in their cabins. Sometimes this has happened automatically for us and other times, such as our most recent cruise we had to ask.

This last cruise, a four day on Majesty of the Seas, we asked three times and did not receive them until the third day of the cruise! So we had them all of one day. I know that the trouble wasn't because it was a short cruise, because we took that same cruise a year ago and had the robes placed automatically in our cabin the first night.

I suspect if there are a lot of C&A memebers on a cruise, it might be competitive to actually get robes, so if you don't get them by the first day, you'd better ask and make certain that they are delivered.

Archived