Pentecost tours??

suey

Just wondering if anyone has done tours in Pentecost to see the land diving as the tour information does not include any tours in Pentecost. Is it a local tour or a free activity? This is one of the things I am looking forward to seeing. :)

There's only two things at Pentecoste - the land diving and the beautiful beaches.

Just follow the crowds to the land diving site. There will be lots of locals there pointing the way as well.

When we went they didn't start the jumping until the majority of the passengers had made it across from the ship, and once they do start they jump for about at least 2 hrs, so even if you are late over you'll still get to see it.

We put a few dollars in the collection box on the way in, and then watched the diving.

Then, when we saw the second highest diver hit the ground head first and get carted away, we put $20.00 in the box on the way out. :eek:

It was one of the most awful sounds I have ever heard, they deserved the $20.00. :o

We put a few dollars in the collection box on the way in, and then watched the diving.

Then, when we saw the second highest diver hit the ground head first and get carted away, we put $20.00 in the box on the way out. :eek:

It was one of the most awful sounds I have ever heard, they deserved the $20.00. :o

That is exactly what we are afraid of as we are travelling with kids:eek: .....was he ok do you know???

Maria

Getting off the ship at Pentecost is via tender. If going ashore make sure you take:

1. Umbrella for use in either the tropical downpours or the hot sun

2. Insect repellant as the mozzies were quite bad when we where there

3. Wear shoes that are comfy but you wont mind getting covered in mud

The track up to the jumping area is not far but can be very muddy if there has been rain and when you do get to the jumping area there is not much shade so you will need your umbrella for protection from the sun. If you have kids with you put them in their worst clothes as the kids had lots of fun sliding around the slopes in the wet grass and mud and at the end of the day you send them into the sea to wash off before reboarding the ship.

The beaches are nice but the sand is very coarse and pebblely, bit rough on the bare feet.

Hope you have fun, we did...

Mark & Matt:)

Getting off the ship at Pentecost is via tender. If going ashore make sure you take:

1. Umbrella for use in either the tropical downpours or the hot sun

2. Insect repellant as the mozzies were quite bad when we where there

3. Wear shoes that are comfy but you wont mind getting covered in mud

The track up to the jumping area is not far but can be very muddy if there has been rain and when you do get to the jumping area there is not much shade so you will need your umbrella for protection from the sun. If you have kids with you put them in their worst clothes as the kids had lots of fun sliding around the slopes in the wet grass and mud and at the end of the day you send them into the sea to wash off before reboarding the ship.

The beaches are nice but the sand is very coarse and pebblely, bit rough on the bare feet.

Hope you have fun, we did...

Mark & Matt:)

Oh yeah , the mozzies!! My Dad and his can of aerogaurd was very popluar the day we were there (same day as Matt & Mark as it turns out) - he was even providing it to the assistant cruise director and half the entertainment staff with it as we were walking up to the jump site.

As for the rocks and stones on the beach - Matmar is correct. Sandles are a must for the beach. Even then it can be uncomfortable. I have wonderful photo taken of me crouched down flicking rocks out of Mum's sandles.

Kym

• 3 weeks later...

I was talking to my friend today and she is quite worried about the walk to the land-diving site as she is awaiting a heart procedure so will have to take it easy on cruise. Can someone tell me if the walk is hilly or flat? as this will make the difference as to whether she attempts it or not. :confused:

I was talking to my friend today and she is quite worried about the walk to the land-diving site as she is awaiting a heart procedure so will have to take it easy on cruise. Can someone tell me if the walk is hilly or flat? as this will make the difference as to whether she attempts it or not. :confused:

The walk to the land diving site is a flat walk. The locals have made a path out of rocks or crushed shells (sorry, I cant remember).

I also saw people getting a lift there on the back of a truck. This sounds good for your friend.

Karen

From what I remember, the path to the site is fairly flat. You walk up through the village and across a creek and there is a bit of a car-track which gently slopes up to the site. Definitely not too difficult.

Some passengers were given lifts in the back of a ute, but this looked a bit scary. :D

If you climb right up to the top where the diving tower is (past the satellite dish) :eek: you can get a really good photo of the ship at anchor. You have to duck down and peek through the foliage. Next time I will turn on my flash.

Click here to see.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2284874940093744378iKnywA

A fabulously framed photo.

From what I remember, the path to the site is fairly flat. You walk up through the village and across a creek and there is a bit of a car-track which gently slopes up to the site. Definitely not too difficult.

Some passengers were given lifts in the back of a ute, but this looked a bit scary. :D

If you climb right up to the top where the diving tower is (past the satellite dish) :eek: you can get a really good photo of the ship at anchor. You have to duck down and peek through the foliage. Next time I will turn on my flash.

Click here to see.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2284874940093744378iKnywA

A fabulously framed photo.

Great shot Jenny!! We didn't walk up to the tower when we were there, it had been raining and we thought it might be a bit wet and slippery to climb up the hill. We made do with watching from ground level.

Suey, be aware that if it's been raining the track to the jump site gets very muddy very quickly with 1000 people walking it, so some care might be needed.

Archived