Switching cabins at embarkation or onboard?

ericosmith

DW and I have cruised before and have on board bookings. We're traveling with another couple who are first time cruisers. In order to get the captains circle pricing for all of us Princess suggested that I book one cabin and DW the other. Two wives in one cabin and two husbands in the other and we all get the same pricing.

Has anybody done this before? How difficult is it to switch and to get the shipboard accounts, etc. straight.

Thanks for the advice.

DW and I have cruised before and have on board bookings. We're traveling with another couple who are first time cruisers. In order to get the captains circle pricing for all of us Princess suggested that I book one cabin and DW the other. Two wives in one cabin and two husbands in the other and we all get the same pricing.

Has anybody done this before? How difficult is it to switch and to get the shipboard accounts, etc. straight.

Thanks for the advice.

You can have one credit card down on the account for one person and one credit card for the other person's charges. This will help keeping your shipboard accounts straight. When you go online and do your personalizer with information you will just enter the credit card that you want to use for each person. When you check in you'll just have to each the two credit cards to be imprinted.

Once you get onboard, simply go down to the purser's desk and ask to have a duplicate key made for each cabin. One person in each cabin will simply have to carry 2 cards/keys, that's all. The one key will be your ID and charging priveleges and the other one will be the key to get into the room that the person is staying in and won't say anything.

Archived